cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Made a late payment after Autopay failed. Balance is now paid but data is not working

ladbieutenant
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Title. My CC info changed and I neglected to update the info for autopay. I've now gone in, changed it, and paid off the balance. Still no data on my phone. This is only 1 day after it was due, so my account wasn't suspended 

3 REPLIES 3

@Danneyland wrote:

If you have the $15 unlimited text 100 minutes and 250 MB plan (https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/15for250MB-3Gspeed) for example, then the data might not work because the data part of the plan is a bonus for using Autopay. Since autopay failed, you might not have 'redeemed' the data part of the plan. Try changing plans to a different one and then back to your plan to 'unlock' the data. 

But changing plans back and forth should come with the warning that you will be charged for the new plan right then and then charged for the original plan again when you change back again. If you were setting the change for the next renewal date to avoid losing the month you’ve paid for, you may as well just wait for your next renewal to happen and see if it works after that. I agree with @Danneyland that if you are on the $15 plan, the failed autopay is why you have no data now.

Danneyland
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you have the $15 unlimited text 100 minutes and 250 MB plan (https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/15for250MB-3Gspeed) for example, then the data might not work because the data part of the plan is a bonus for using Autopay. Since autopay failed, you might not have 'redeemed' the data part of the plan. Try changing plans to a different one and then back to your plan to 'unlock' the data. 

If data is normally part of your plan without being a bonus for using autopay, try restarting your phone.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ladbieutenant, is your account active after the payment?  Are you able to see in the overview data being available?  Try doing the lost phone/found phone toggle.  Also, reboot your phone.  See is these strategies work for you.  If not, then you should ask the moderator team to intervene.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.