cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MODERATOR NEEDED!!!

Lyndsay14
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I posted about this problem a long time ago and was told a moderator was going to contact me.

That never happened.

I just logged in about a second problem and it made me sign up for Community again, even though I have been signed up since joining years ago.

I NEED someone to contact me. I’ve been paying full price for my plan but for months I can’t make a local call without adding 1 in front, which is not required in NS and any numbers that actually do require 1 in front, long distance or toll free, my phone tells me “UM1, The number you are trying to reach is not in service.”

My spouse is also with Public, we signed up the same day, and his calls are fine but his included data hasn’t works for months! When we had wildfires in our area a month ago we had to buy a gig on my phone because my included data was used.

I need a refund for the data I had to buy since his data we already pay for doesn’t work and I need my service fixed! I also want a partial refund for all these months I haven’t been able to make calls properly. I have to find pay phones when I am out and need to call out of my local area. Do you know how hard it is to find a pay phone? And how expensive LD calls are from them?!

this is beyond frustrating. I spent a ton of time on this already. I did all the tips everyone suggested, I don’t want any more. I need someone who can fix this for me to contact me with a solution and a refund before my next bill cycle.

I also took my phone to an IPhone repair who confirmed the problem is with my service provider, so I’m out that money too.

this is no longer a cheaper alternative for my family…

21 REPLIES 21

PJP97

Oh?  That's news to me.  Do you know why?  You know, I'd chalk it up to whatever this problem you are referring to is, but the issue is happening occasionally with local numbers as well.  

@PJP97  Not all 1 800 number work with PM 

PJP97

I am having the same problem!  It happens for local calls, 1-800 numbers.  Again this am, I tried calling a 1-855 number and I got the "6UM1 the number you have dialed is not in service" which I know full well is unwarranted. I went through all of the troubleshooting steps recommended and it's still happening.  It's beyond frustrating!  I just submitted a ticket to escalate this.  Need CS to follow-up on this asap - I'm not getting the service I'm paying for.

@Lyndsay14 wrote:

I’m not comfortable giving that information on a public post.

You made the rigtht decision by not replying with that infromation here. Unfortuantely, the private message window and the window to type of a new message forum post are so similar that I can see how someone could easily mistake the two.

@Lyndsay14  you might want to remove your email address for your protection

and you are not posting the answer to the validation here, instead, you message CS agent and reply them there, refer this thread

message support here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Lyndsay14

I’m not comfortable giving that information on a public post.

No, the issue is normally I don’t press 1 before dialing local, just my area code and number. Pond distance and toll free require a 1.

months ago my phone began requiring me to add a 1 in front of local numbers. Inconvenient but not terrible. But at the same time any number I try to dial that requires a 1, long distance or toll free will not go through. If I call a toll free number for instance I get a message saying, “U M 1, the number you are trying to reach is not in service.” When they most definitely are in service. 
my local calling area is a 20km radius. My phone will not allow me to make a call further than that or a toll free call. Yesterday I needed to calll my bank toll free and couldn’t. This morning I had a phone Dr. Appointment that I missed because I could not call in.

afditionally my spouse’s account has the same plan as mine, data included. His data hasn’t worked for months. He thought I reduced our packages and removed the data. But we’re still on the same plan as when we signed up. Our entire province’s internet was down and there were wildfires close to us. We needed data as RCMP and emergency management use twitter to notify people of fire movement. My data was used up so we had to pay $17.99 for a gig on my phone when he has a gig included every month that doesn’t work!

my phone is essentially useless for calls. I can’t even call back from my recent call list if it a number that requires 1.

I wrote about this months ago, other customers had the same problem start at the same time. I submitted tickets. Waited for a moderator. Nothing. When I tried to sign in again it said I needed to register, but I did almost 4 years ago when we signed up… yesterday it made me register yet again for community! So I don even have the past correspondence but nothing about my account has ever changed.

someone needs to email me please. If I lose this account again and need to creat another one again I will not be able to respond. It makes me re register even when I click on community from being signed into my public account.

my email is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx and my spouse’s account is under xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It is nice to see the @CS_Agent team responding to posts here, though they should always encourage the customer to message them privately. So in that sense, it seems some additional training is needed for the team so that they do that. @J_PM maybe look into giving the team a refresher course.

@Lyndsay14 

add to @CS_Agent reply, please message the @CS_Agent directly the answer to the validation questions

or you can message them here

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

edited by computergeek541:  As per instructions from a previous Community Manger, the content of this post has been removed as customers shouldn't be prompted to provide account information in the message forum.

Lyndsay14

That’s odd, I tried my spouse’s phone today and got the message of 1 only being for long distance calls and to redial without it.

I did try my sim in my spouse’s phone with the same result so it seems to be account specific for sure.

very frustrating to not be able to make any calls that actually need a 1! No toll free calls and I can only places calls from Bridgewater to Chester. Can’t call HRM as it’s long distance and we have a lot of medical appointments to deal with. 

@Lyndsay14  Message support to look into it . And when you’re talking to them tell them how you had to create a new community ID . And they can vet you your old one back . Strange thing here is I’m from Nova Scotia too . And been with PM since 2018 . There’s also 782 area code now PM had it listed for Halifax when choosing numbers . But I’m sure since then at least I’ve had to put a 1 in front on my contact to make a call .so something strange going on with your account . Or is it possible for you to try your SIM card in another phone to test 

Lyndsay14

Oh, you mean it’s just inconvenient to have to press 1 before the area code. Yes, if that was the only problem it is a simple inconvenience. But when it started doing this is when my ability to make any calls that actually require a 1 went away! I can’t make ANY calls outside my local area or any toll free calls. That’s not an inconvenience, that’s me paying full price for a nationwide calling plan that only lets me call within a 20km radius of my house, period.

Lyndsay14

I don’t know what you mean by the last comment.

@Lyndsay14 I think some replied, but no one mentioned calls won't go through with the 1 there, more an inconvenient issue

Message support and see if they can fix it

Lyndsay14

Yes. Same way I have been making calls for my 38 years. We used to just be 7 digits, no area code. Just started requiring 902 a couple years ago. A local call is just 902-123-4567. If you add a 1 in front it will not go through. You only add 1-902 if it is long distance or 1-800 for toll fee of course. 
when it first started months ago and I posted several other customers replied they had the same issue, also not fixed and also not receiving help through submitting tickets. I had hoped it would resolve itself by now, considering others had the same problem start at the same time.

Lyndsay14

I did message them through the link you provided but I am sure I did this before. I have also submitted tickets about this but for whatever reason it made me register for community again when I signed in tonight so my previous messages are all gone. I have had the same account for almost 4 years. Something is seriously wrong here

@Lyndsay14  did you dial 1 and the area code and the 7 digits? ? like 19021234567??

Lyndsay14

Clearly you are not from NS. Yes, dialing 1 does in fact prevent a call from going through if it is a local number here. Like I said, an operator recording comes on to tell you to redial. It is not one number, it is any number I try to call, for months.

I am from NS my whole life, I know how it works here.

@Lyndsay14 1 might not be required by the government but adding 1 should not avoid the call from going through.  Was it just one number with the issue with the 1 in front? 

Message support and see what they say

Also , as a workaround, download VoIP app TextNow  and use it to make calls for free for now

Lyndsay14

Thank you.

it actually prevents a local call from going through if you add a 1 in NS. An operator message comes on to tell you to redial without a 1. My phone is the only one that requires this. I even confirmed with the government that I is still not required in NS and tried with my spouse’s phone, he still gets a recording telling him to redial without it. I know other provinces are different but that’s how it is here.

regardless, I can’t dial a legit long distance number or toll free. I need to teach my bank right now and can’t as it’s 1-800

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lyndsay14 

you can engage Support here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

But adding a 1 is a requirement for many of us, so, maybe  start saving a 1 to your contacts 

Need Help? Let's chat.