cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowering my subscription

Beppel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
  • Hi guys, I don’t use a lot of data. I want to lower my subscription from $29/ month for 40GB to the promotional $22 for 6GB. The $22 won’t show up on the app and my account won’t let me switch to it. Help!
6 REPLIES 6

maurelle
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Dunkman wrote:

@Beppel 

Customer service agents usually will not downgrade plans for existing customers, but you can try.  Looks like PM is leaning towards personalized plan offers for existing customers.  Each existing customers may have different plan offers.  Unfortunately, it looks like most of the offers are likely more expensive than existing plans that the customer presently have.  

If you are not attached to your present phone number, you could activate a new account with a new number to get this promo plan.  Another option is to port your existing number to another carrier and then port back in as a new customer.  

Obviously can only speak for myself / my group of former referees, but at this point I don't see a reason to port back in once PM has forced us to port out to get better pricing. When it comes to low cost low usage, PM is, if at all, only marginally competitive for a lot of people*. In our cases it's coupled with a considerable drop in network quality (the dropped calls were just the cherry on top). So, really, there is no incentive for us to port back in - why jump through the hoops and pay more for getting less?

* Yes, I absolutely acknowledge that Atlantic and rural Canada has more limited choice, so PM might still be their best option. Also, my statement may not apply for those $34 roaming plans - our group came here for the lowest cost plans.

maurelle
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Beppel wrote:
  • Hi guys, I don’t use a lot of data. I want to lower my subscription from $29/ month for 40GB to the promotional $22 for 6GB. The $22 won’t show up on the app and my account won’t let me switch to it. Help!

If you are primarily logging into your account through the web browser, try checking the offers in the app. And, if you are mainly using the app, try web browser.

I now have a handful of evidence that there are more offers in the app over the browser interface for accounts that are mainly using the web loging. It might be $23/6GB instead of $22, but $6 is $6.

The reality is that PM is indeed limiting existing customers' access to lower cost plans than they are on already. Bye-bye to another feature that brought some of us here (ie being able to adjust your plan seasonally for higher and lower usage periods...)

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Beppel 

Customer service agents usually will not downgrade plans for existing customers, but you can try.  Looks like PM is leaning towards personalized plan offers for existing customers.  Each existing customers may have different plan offers.  Unfortunately, it looks like most of the offers are likely more expensive than existing plans that the customer presently have.  

If you are not attached to your present phone number, you could activate a new account with a new number to get this promo plan.  Another option is to port your existing number to another carrier and then port back in as a new customer.  

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

the $22 for 6GB is for new activation only.  PM won't give those new activation only plans to existing subscribers even you ask.  But of course you can try

if you want to try , open them a ticket using the Orange Chatbot icon on the lower right, type Submit Ticket and choose Contact Us , it will bring you to ticket open window

Wayworn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

At this point all you can do is contact Customer Support and ask for a favour. 

Need Help? Let's chat.