cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost the SIM card

Sidneymva
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Folks
I lost my SIM card with an activated plan before create MyAccount. Could I transfer the plan to another number through a store? 

6 REPLIES 6

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Sidneymva wrote:

Hi Folks
I lost my SIM card with an activated plan before create MyAccount. Could I transfer the plan to another number through a store? 

@Sidneymva  

If you obtain the SIM card first, you can ask CSA to swap it for you since you do not have access to your Self Serve account where you can usually do this yourself.

Click here to request a SIM Swap with the Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA): Submit ticket for a SIM SWAP

If someone picks up this SIM by some chance, I wonder if they can just pop it in a phone and use services?

Perhaps submit a ticket with Customer Support (even before you can obtain a new SIM card) to assist in creating the MyAccount for you, and perhaps you may wish to report the phone (well SIM) in lost/stolen status until you can obtain a new one to swap it out with?

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Sidneymva   SIM card swap is very easy, that's why I like it.  You can easily move your sim from one phone to another.  Get a new phone everyday.

the new world will soon be all about eSIM.,  you will no longer have any chance of losing the SIM card. But you can't move the SIM card easily anymore

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Sidneymva 

You will need to purchase a new SIM and can port your number with the help at Walmart, London Drugs and PM retailers.

Some retailers will give you a free SIM if you have them activate the SIM for you.

This shouldn't be done.  If the customer asks for help with number porting, the salesperson will open a second Public Mobile account.  The customer simply needs to purchase another SIM card, but it's very important that the salesperson doesn't activate it and doesn't try to peform number porting.

@Sidneymva wrote:

Hi Folks

Sorry, but no.  The stores sales people cannot assist you with your existing account. All they can do is sell you another SIM card. At this point, only the customer support agents mentioned can help.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Sidneymva 

You will need to purchase a new SIM and can port your number with the help at Walmart, London Drugs and PM retailers.

Some retailers will give you a free SIM if you have them activate the SIM for you.

Here is the PM retailer locator:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator 

Stay_InjaBoy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You should be able to purchase a new SIM card from Public Mobile and transfer your number and plan to the new card.

Need Help? Let's chat.