cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlisted number

MyNameIs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I wanted to know if my number is listed on public directories if so how can I get it off of them 

10 REPLIES 10

@MyNameIs   was that a new number you picked with PM?  if that is the case, it could be that it was an recycled number and the one who used that number before has left his number everywhere.

You might want to consider changing a new number.  You can change numbers as many as 4 times a month.  So, maybe get a new number and see how it goes

To get a new number, log into My Account, pick Change Number and then select the new number:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/ChangeNumber/https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/ChangeNumber/

MyNameIs

Yea I was getting calls from 647 number since I downloaded mrnumber and blocked Toronto I haven't gotten any 

MyNameIs

Yes I was getting random calls same time every night 

@WoozyPolarBear wrote:

e were relics of the 1990's and earlier.

Yes, they still exist but it looks like they publish only 'real' land line numbers.

And I was not able to find my cell number anywhere as cell numbers are not shared with these 'phone directory' sites nor I posted it anywhere.

If you are getting spam calls, your number is generated and dialed by computer

647-858-0001 - call, present spam

647-858-0002 - call, present spam, etc.

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@softech wrote:

@MyNameIs  you meant directory like 411 or Yellowpages?  No mobile numbers are listed on those directories

You are getting some spam calls? what made you ask this question?

Does 411 and the YellowPages/Whitepages still exist? I thought those were relics of the 1990's and earlier.

@HALIMACS wrote:

@MyNameIs 

You can contact the provider of the documents and formally request they remove your number from future publications.

Public Mobile does not maintain nor publish a directory of numbers of its clients.

In addition, cell phone numbers aren't shared with these companies.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@MyNameIs 

I am not aware of any directory for cell numbers.

Let me know what is the site?

But there are many websites that may show your name and number. Usually a land line. Be careful giving cell number while online. Learn to use DND settings. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@MyNameIs  you meant directory like 411 or Yellowpages?  No mobile numbers are listed on those directories

You are getting some spam calls? what made you ask this question?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@MyNameIs 

You can contact the provider of the documents and formally request they remove your number from future publications.

Public Mobile does not maintain nor publish a directory of numbers of its clients.

Need Help? Let's chat.