cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost out on bonus?

DaveR514
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We were unaware that the credit card associated with our daughter's account had expired, and didn't notice until a few days ago that her mobile service had been suspended since about July 17th (clearly, she doesn't use it much).

QUESTION 1:  Would it be possible to send an email ahead of time advising that the credit card will soon expire?

QUESTION 2:  Would it be possible to send an email advising that the account has been suspended?

Our daughter reported to us a few days ago that her phone wasn't working, and looking into it today we figured out what the issue was and updated the credit card information.

Unfortunately, it seems that we missed-out on an "Exclusive Offer" that expired just two days ago for 2 GB of data to top up our account. 

QUESTION 3:  Is there any chance that we could again have access to this offer without letting the account go for a few weeks?

5 REPLIES 5

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite 

Lol....thank you!

@darlicious   OP has 10 days to choose answer must helpful to them.
I lean toward answer most helpful to someone searching the topic who won't likely read the whole thread. OR when I'm grumpy the first one that seems correct that I like. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite 

Yes me again. Please some clarity.....the solution chosen offered what advice that warranted a solution being posted two days later? Or is it simply the direct answer about getting an email?  The presumption of explaining that these warnings are given via text by pm and not adding "Sorry pm will not email you." is that the OP would understand that this is pm's policy/process. The lack of feedback indicated to me that the OP's question  was answered and they happily contacted customer support and were sorted out long before two days had passed. JMO I guess.....🤔

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@DaveR514 wrote:

QUESTION 1:  Would it be possible to send an email ahead of time advising that the credit card will soon expire?

Did your daughter receive an text messages about the card expiring? I believe these communications have been sent out in the past.

You will need to check your daughter's account to ensure it is still Active and working if she is not monitoring services or messages she may be receiving.

QUESTION 2:  Would it be possible to send an email advising that the account has been suspended?

If public mobile is not doing this now, I would not hold my breath they are going to do this anytime soon.

Plus, some accounts are not even connected to emails yet, if some customers don't have My Account/Self Serve accounts set up yet. So main communications would be via the public mobile device itself, hence all those texts we receive days before and on/after our renewals.

Unfortunately, it seems that we missed-out on an "Exclusive Offer" that expired just two days ago for 2 GB of data to top up our account. 

QUESTION 3:  Is there any chance that we could again have access to this offer without letting the account go for a few weeks?

Don't get your hopes up, but you could submit a ticket to CSA to ask:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

@DaveR514  - we are all customers and members like you here.

Only CSA=Customer Support Agents are public mobile representatives, and have access to accounts.

See above.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@DaveR514 

Did the offer for the 2gb arrive shortly after the account was suspended? I have seen a couple of offers like this that also served as a notice that the account was suspended. Fairly commonly texts are sent to remind a user that their customer that the credit card has or is about to expire.

Oops...hit post by mistake. You can always ask customer support if they will honour the bonus bthat you missed because your daughter only just told you that phone was suspended.

Edit to add:

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

Need Help? Let's chat.