cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my sim card, bought a new one, but can't get a verification code.

fb132
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I recently bought my new sim card to replace the one I lost. When I went to change my sim card number, it asks me where I want to receive my verification code, it can be done by sms or by email. I naturally chose e-mail....I still have yet to receive it after 5-10 minutes. Yes I checked even the junk/spam folder and nothing despite the e-mail listed in my account being correct. What do I do?

16 REPLIES 16

14ALL41: In reading around here I seem to recall that someone had experienced a problem that turned out to be their long email address. It was for the password reset. So maybe it's the same with sim change.

14ALL41

@dust2dust wrote:

Do you have a really long email address? Have you received other emails through the account like password reset or other marketing that uses that email address?

Why would email length be a problem?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Do you have a really long email address? Have you received other emails through the account like password reset or other marketing that uses that email address?

@fb132 wrote:

Yes I tried everything, from cancelling and redoing it again...and I have submitted a ticket, hopefully they will solve the issue.

HI @fb132   they will solve you problem.  But it is sort of late tonight, so, they might not reply

If you don't get any reply still by noon tomorrow, open another ticket with them. 

fb132

Yes I tried everything, from cancelling and redoing it again...and I have submitted a ticket, hopefully they will solve the issue.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@fb132  - have you only had one attempt tried so far on your self serve? Maybe log out and try it again. But when you log in again open a tab in incognito mode, see if that helps with anything finicky going on.

Have you submitted a ticket yet with CSA by methods provided by softech? They may be able to get you fixed up today.

You may also use this direct SIM Swap link to submit the ticket with the Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA) as well: Click here to submit a ticket 

HI @fb132   Yes, searching for email could be trouble these days with spam filters or some rules out of no where

i would just open a ticket with CS Agent, let them do it for you then.    

At : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. start by typing : Contact CS Agent
  2. then Click "Contact Us"
  3. then Click "Other"
  4. finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  5. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

fb132

I went straight to the hotmail website (browser) and nothing there.

fb132

Yes, I've had that email since the late 90's and my account shows it's that.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@fb132 

Go to apps and force stop the Mail application. 

Also clear cache. 

Then reopen mail app.  See if it's there,  also check junk/deleted folders. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@fb132  - are you sure you are entering the exact same email as the email you have your Self Serve set up with?

People these days can have so many different emails, so you never know.

fb132

How do you do that with hotmail, I have checked the settings and can't find that option anywhere.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @fb132   Keep refreshing your inbox.  Best to check the inbox on a computer than via the phone

And what mail service is that? Gmail ? Hotmail? or others/

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@fb132 

Did you check your mail setting whether it is set to Fetch or Push?

Set it to Push.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Depending on a company, these email verification codes can take forever to receive.

If you do not receive it within next hour, I would contact agent for assistance.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@fb132   you have to do a search on the email inbox , I think

if you really cannot find anything, open a ticket with PM Support and they can do a manual SIM Swap after validate your identity 

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.