cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost SIM card

Carlosvilloldo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everybody,

I lost my phone yesterday and I was wondering about the SIM card situation, will I be able to get the same number I used before or am I going to need a new one. Are there any stores where I can buy de SIM card, I dont have a PO box where I am living now. 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Triguy : It would only be fair to darlicious that I suggest to you too that there's no marking of lost or found. It's Suspend then Resume under the Lost/stolen function.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Carlosvilloldo Just to add to what others have correctly said, DO NOT activate your new sim. This will open another account. Use the Change Sim Card in your self help.

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 4.13.16 PM.png

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can mark your phone lost by logging into your self serve account.  After you purchase a new sim just log back into your account and mark found.  You can switch your sim and keep your same phone number.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/lost-or-stolen-phone

You use the store locator.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator

Also you can order a sim through Canadian Cell supplies.com.  They usually have them on sale.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Carlosvilloldo wrote:

Hello everybody,

I lost my phone yesterday and I was wondering about the SIM card situation, will I be able to get the same number I used before or am I going to need a new one. Are there any stores where I can buy de SIM card, I dont have a PO box where I am living now. 

Thanks

Log in to your account and use the Lost/stolen function to Suspend your account.

Lots of cell stores sell SIM's. Log back in and use the Change SIM function to attach the new SIM to your account. Go back to the Lost/stolen function and Resume. Insert SIM into other unlocked compatible phone. Done.

Need Help? Let's chat.