cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotion not included on new activation

George007
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated a new line ($25) (11/24),  and the week before I emailed Public to take advantage of the added Data on the phone promo. Well it didn't kick in anywhere. The only thing I can think of is that the email I used and the emailed I activated might be different, I just don't remember.

How can I go about finding out?? Thank you

11 REPLIES 11

@AE_Collector 

I seem to remember there was a similar promo last year that had data or the discount applied on the months 2 thru 7. I dont understand why its not applied immediately or at least with the diwali which has a promocode applied during activation.

@DDM69 

There is no point in wasting the moderators time this early in the game.....the conditions say within 30 days.....its been all of 2 days since the OP activated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

Promos like this need to be added within a few days such as within 72 hours like the $10 referral reward is accomplished within. It turns the excitement of being a new customer into worry and disappointment.

AE_Collector

That is absolutely right on!

I wonder what the business strategy is for not applying these things right away. It's a freebie promo...you can wait?

I think your assessment of the emotion of it is right on.

I think this applied to $25 and higher plans so anyone qualifying has at least 1Gb of data plus the extra 1Gb for 6 months. So in theory PM could take up to 2 weeks to add the bonus data without causing too much of a problem for the new customer. Except as we see here a day or two later people are asking what went wrong. While adding it for the 2-7 months makes some sense I don’t think that will particularly appeal to the brand new customer.

Promos like this need to be added within a few days such as within 72 hours like the $10 referral reward is accomplished within. It turns the excitement of being a new customer into worry and disappointment.

AE_Collector

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Contact a moderator and submit a ticket if you're still having issues.

@George007 

As this is a newish kind of promotion with a long activation period i have a feeling that the 1gb of data may be applied at the 30 day mark upon renewal allowing the customer to have access to the data for a full 30 days. I would check into the community every few days to see if we either get a clarification from pm or another member reports having their data added to their account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@George007 wrote:

Hi thanks for replying. The promo was extra data (I think 1G of extra data for a period of time ie. 3 or 6 months)

Whichever promo..the email addresses had to match. Some email submissions got an email response. Others just a web response. The email address you use to log in to your self-serve is one side. But yes...if it was just the web response then there's no way for you to know which address you used there.

The promo usually shows up a little later.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire
  1. Bonus data will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans within 30 days of activating, and for 6 months after activation.

@George007 

The data will be applied within 30 days according to the promo conditions. It is 1gb of plan data for 6 months.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@George007 Here is what I believe is the promo? It says data will be applied within 30 days. Maybe wait for that to see what happens.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-Get-a-1GB-bonus-for-6-months...

Not sure what to do about email address. Maybe check with a moderator.

You can contact the moderators one of 2 ways. Open a ticket through the automated ticketing system (SIMON) at the following link;

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

George007
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi thanks for replying. The promo was extra data (I think 1G of extra data for a period of time ie. 3 or 6 months)

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@George007 What were the particular conditions for the promo aside from the email address? When did the promo say you would be credited with the extra data?

Need Help? Let's chat.