cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Public Mobile additional data

lg5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a public mobile account that includes cross Canada service and I recently (this past week) purchased an add-on for US service ($20) for a week.  I confirmed my purchase by looking at my bank account.  My destination in the US was Rolla, North Dakota.  My cellular worked fine until I crossed the border from Winnipeg.  However, south of the border, it failed to connect to anything when I was not near a wifi network, which network allowed the cellular to connect to phone and internet services.  I will be going to Rolla several times in the next year or two and will need US coverage for a week at a time.  Does your add on-service cover Rolla, North Dakota?  What went wrong?

5 REPLIES 5

softech
Oracle
Oracle

i@lg5

According to https://www.gsma.com/coverage/#466, T-Mobile only has LTE theree in North Dakota,  no 3G or 2G.  AT&T has LTE and maybe 3G if they have not shut it down yet.

does you addon you got has data? 

if so, data should work fine,  you can connect to AT&T or T-Mobile manually on the Neteork selection 

for voice  T-MOBILE does not have 2G or 3G network in North Dakota,  you will have to try connecting to AT&T and hope they still have 3G there.  If not , the voice won't work 

Hi @hairbag1 technically the phone will drop to 2G for voice  when it sees the network,.  So, leave the network type to LTE/WCDMA/GSM would be good

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Try manually selecting the better of AT&T or T-Mobile.

Be aware that with the retiring of 3g in US...you may have limited calling available unless you select 2g wherever you are at.

edit'd...

10 day packages

Important: As of February 22nd, 2022, United States (U.S.) carriers have started turning down certain 3G/HSPA networks. As a result, customers using U.S. roaming add-ons will be impacted by differences in coverage or service quality (including 9-1-1 calls) when roaming in the U.S.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @lg5 try to change the network selection to manually connect to T-Mobile and see if it works 

You have data with the roaming you got ? make sure you enable roaming mobile data 

Need Help? Let's chat.