cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Phone - New SIM Transfer

GratefulDead74
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Looking to be contacted in a private message from a customer services representative on how to transfer my phone number to a new SIM card. I recently lost my phone and went to Public Mobile kiosk to purchase a new phone and SIM. They stated that they could not help me in person. I just logged in a put my services on hold as I see someone has been using the phone from Thursday night until today. 

Thanks,

DeadHead74

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@GratefulDead74 

When you were on your account. Did you report the phone Lost/Stolen?

This way the phone will be Blacklisted and service put on pause until you Change the SIM card number.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@GratefulDead74 

Looks like that you can login to your self service account.

Go to profile section.  Change your SIM card number.  Then report your phone found. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/change-sim-number

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @GratefulDead74 

This is a self service provider. A CS Agent can be reached by clicking on the orange bot at the bottom right corner. Enter CUSTOMER SERVICE..   

However, if you've already logged in, you can change the SIM card yourself. Just go to your account settings and change it.

Log into your account. On left side click on PROFILE. Next page on right side you'll see third box down, My Phone number. You will then see SIM Card Number and the pencil. Click on the pencil and change the SIM number. Then place SIM in new phone, reboot. Easy as pie!!

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@GratefulDead74   You would need to contact customer service via the chat icon bottom right of this page and open a ticket if you can't do it yourself through self serve.  But since you can log in all you need to do is go to your sim number in the account and change it to the new sim card number.

Need Help? Let's chat.