cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to get a new phone number - ability to change the number to what I want?

APPLETON_XO
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I've googled this, and the forums say that I should be able to customize the last 4 digits, but I don't have the option. I've gone to the account page to change numbers, and there's only randomized numbers. On that note, is it possible to request a specific number to use (customize the last 7 digits of phone #) 

5 REPLIES 5

softech
Oracle
Oracle

HI @APPLETON_XO   I think most carriers these days won't help to get specific number.

For PM, no, there is no option to pick specific last 4 digits.   They will just randomly provide you couple numbers and you can pick one out of it or refresh for another "lottery" run.   If you have time, make sure the number is available , then just keep refreshing until one you like.    

FYI, with the first 3 digits of the 7 digits number, there are only selected sets that PM (Telus) owns and can assign to their customers.  Some others are owned by other carriers so PM will never able to give those out in the "lottery"

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@APPLETON_XO 

maybe that has before, but no option to put last 4 digits.

use browser from computer,/clear cache/cookies/use one page inPrivate mode,

or safari on private mode,To Login Page 

you will get verification code by email or SMS
and inserting the 6 digit number and not press anything, just wait about a 3 second will automatically be login,,

and go to change number, and rebooting device.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@APPLETON_XO - Suppose you could ask CSA, but it is not normal nor likely widely accepted to do so. Process here is to select your city or surrounding areas with the area codes and suffix you may want, then keep refreshing those cities until you find one you like.

You can change your phone number up to 4 times every 30 days after you’ve activated. To change or transfer your number after activation, go to your Self Serve Account here and:

• Select the “Plans and Add ons” tab
  • Click on “Change Phone Number”
  • Then, you can choose to select a new phone number or to transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@APPLETON_XO 

Unfortunately, custom numbers is not available on PM as per @darlicious post.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@APPLETON_XO 

No. Public Mobile used to offer the option of customizing the last four digits of the phone number upon activation only. This possibility was eliminated approximately 2 years ago with the redesign of the activation Portal.

Now you're only option is to go to the change number feature in your account and continue to refresh your options by choosing another area and then returning to the area you're looking for a phone number from to choose the different options available to you of the randomized phone numbers.

Need Help? Let's chat.