cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Distance Talk package not working

Marsha22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've successfully purchased a 1000 US long distance minutes add-on (confirmed on account). 

I have roaming turned on, as well as cell data for my Phone app.  I've powered phone on/off several times. 

Am unable to make a call (to US or Canada) , I am currently in the US.  Package was added 30+ hours ago. 

8 REPLIES 8

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Community_QA 

Have a look at your add ons section in your self serve account. It's very poorly designed with add ons listed by feature rather than use so US roaming add ons are mixed up with the only for use in Canada add ons. They don't even go from cheapest to most expensive or "volume" of minutes. It's basically random except for feature: talk, text, data and bundles.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Why do people keep mixing up Roaming with Long Distance?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Marsha22   You have bought the Long distance calling add-on to US.  It is for use when you are in Canada

When you ae in US , you have to buy the couple 10 days US roaming add-on.  

How long you are there?  you only need to call US and Canada ?  If so, maybe get VoIP app like TextNow.  It gives you a North Amirian phone number and you can call US/Canada for free.

For the wrong add-on you  purchased , open a ticket with PM Support and they might be nice enough to refund you the money for that add-on

You need one of these. 

9193B753-C177-444E-8593-4AFEC5A5F674.png

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Marsha22 

that wrong Add-ons you purchased, send Private Messages to Customer Support Agent

to remove it.

you need to purchase  U.S. Roaming  for  Travelling outside of Canada & the U.S. (publicmobile.ca)

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

You bought the wrong add on. That one is for calling while in Canada. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Marsha22 

Go to your Setting and connect to AT&T or T-Mobile. Turn on Automatic Network Selection if your phone have this setting.

Need Help? Let's chat.