cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out

tshenning
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm locked out of my account.  Everytime I try to reset the password it let's me apparently reset, then I try the ne password and it locks me out.

I can't even create a ticket a d I'm in the US now and have been trying to get s plan while I'm here since before I left

Help!!

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@tshenning 

Now I haven't done this myself but the 611/IVR system is more automatic in nature than self serve. If you had insufficient funds it won't let you purchase. But noting your account balance when you first call in or once you have added funds ie. $100 and purchasing the US roaming bundle ($20) then calling in again to here the balance on your account>>$80 would confirm you had successfully made a purchase (hopefully the correct one since it doesn't tell you what you have purchased or the add ons you may have on your account.) Otherwise of course the only way to truly confirm the purchase you have made is thru your self serve account.

Since you can check your phone for the time you purchased the roaming add on you will know exactly when it will expire 240 hours (10 days×24 hours). If you wish to purchase the same add on again you must wait either 24 more hours or contact customer support to make the purchase for you from your available funds (top up if necessary beforehand).

Note: As of today at&t and T-Mobile have begun the decommissioning and shutdown of their 3G networks that will affect your ability to use your voice call services with pm in the US despite having a US roaming add on. It's advisable to download a voip app (while on wifi) such as fongo or textnow so you have a back up for your calling service. Fongo for example uses 0.5mb/min or 50mb/100min while on mobile data for calling and is free while on wifi. This way if you are in an area that no longer supports 3G services you retain the ability to use voice calling service albeit not public mobile's.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, phone #, email  and 4 digit account #.

tshenning
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the info.  Quick question.  When I do the talk text and data section and it says I have I sufficient funds and then I continue on to add my payment does this automatically take the funds and apply selection?  It doesn't really tell anything except that I have added  $$$ to my account.

How do I check?

Thanks

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@tshenning 

I am really surprised that you get locked out every time even when you reset your password.

Definitely something the CS_Agent should look into for you. It would bug me too.

Conduct a CCI on your browser before login to your Self Serve account.

Follow @darlicious instruction purchase a USA roaming add-on.

Meanwhile, use a wifi calling/texting app.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@tshenning 

Try clearing your browser cache/cookies. Close browser and open a new window in incognito. Chrome or edge browser works well.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@tshenning  send a private message to: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In interim download TEXTNOW APP. You get a Canadian number that will allow you to call / text usa and Canada numbers for free anywhere in the world over a Wi-Fi connection.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@tshenning 

Do you know your 4 digit account pin #? You can purchase 10 day US roaming add ons thru the 611/IVR system or by calling 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter your 10 digit phone number to access the system.

Screenshot_20210725-124020~2.png

‎‎

To contact customer support click below:

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, phone #, email  and 4 digit account #

Need Help? Let's chat.