cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I used a friends referral number not not seeing the discount

mblake_77
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey, I used a friend's referral number but neither her or I can see the discount.

8 REPLIES 8

Yup indeed I heard from my "referree" that CSA's also asked for the phone number to confirm the referral code. Good to know to include this right off the bat next time around... Should find out soon if manually applied referral produces a "cha-ching" - maybe not, but in this case it may or may not also produce something similar to the December $30 referral promotion..

It will all work out, but funny how this went sideways quickly when I was "doing a favour" for a friend by giving another friend their referral code lol, now I'm doing all the middle man support for others' benefit. 🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Nezgar 

Yes it sounds like that glitch occurred during activation. Once the new customers contact customer support to have the correct referral codes added have them pass on to the referrers their ticket reference #'s in case their first of the $5×6 months ($30) referral bonus doesn't show up in the first week of March (likely the Friday). If they can they should also include the referrer's phone number so the CSA can double check that the correct referral code is being added to their account.

I am not 10% sure the Cha-ching text will occur when the CSA adds the referral code after the fact but when entered at activation depending n the time of day that a customer activates the Cha-ching text is sent out the next day or the following day at 2pm eastern.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, phone #, email  and 4 digit account #

Update... Turns out at least one of the instances was a mistaken letter O for a zero.. so that's definitely a correction for CSA's. The other is still a mystery as there was concern for 0 vs O but believe it was entered correctly...  May still need a CSA check...

Heya @darlicious - your last comment there seems particularly relevant to some referrals of mine the last few days - I have two friends that I "donated" referrals to other friends yesterday, but neither of them seem to have generated the usual "cha-ching" sms from 611, or registered on the rewards portal under refer-a-friend.

One of the new customers also says at the end of the activation to expect “an email confirmation including your activation and payment information will be sent shortly.” - which they also say they did not receive...

I figured I'd give it a day or so, but two referrals not showing and no account welcome email all seems too fishy... But if you've seen reports of referrals not being registered properly at activation, I guess next step is to ask them to contact CSA's.

All the more annoying a glitch since PM sent out the email about the $30 referral promo until the end of Feb 2022...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mblake_77 

Have your friend check their rewards account. They also should have gotten a Cha-ching text from 611 the next day at the latest. The $1 reward (or 1 point) immediately after activation. You the reward within 72 hours but usually the next day.

But there has been a glitch the last 6 months or so that despite entering the referral code during activation it simply does not register on your account or the referrers account. Contact customer support and put "referral code did not apply" in the subject line and leave a detailed message with your friends referral code and if possible your friends phone # won't be CSA can confirm that the correct referral code is being applied.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, phone #, email  and 4 digit account #.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mblake_77   Usually you should see referral bonus of $10 added to your account as Available Fund within 72 hours.  But your friend should see your phone number (last 4 digits) on his Friends referral list in his My Rewards almost immediately

If after 72 hours and your  still don't see the money, open ticket with PM Support 

1. For faster response (2-48 hours) and you have access to your Self-Serve My Account, Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or if you don't have access to Self-Serve My Account, you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@mblake_77  If you were referred by a friend. You get $10 credited to your balance within 72 hours of activation.

You'lr friend that referred you gets $1 off every 30 days from their plan. It does not show a discount on plan. Your friend has to log into their rewards account and they should see $1 next to referrals. At renewal time  The system first credits any rewards to account balance then debits that first before charging card remaining amount owed. Provided your friend is on Old rewards system and not the new points system....

Need Help? Let's chat.