cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of two accounts

help_im_locked_
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Help! I moved my wife and my own number to a telus plan and now i cant get in to deactivate my public mobile accounts. The password reset doesnt work because my email doesnt exist and it wont send a reset code to my number on telus. Will I be billed even after ive moved my number?

5 REPLIES 5

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@help_im_locked_ 

yes, you will most likely be billed again. contact customer support and ask them to remove your credit card from the system. you can search the forums and you will see tons of posts of customers being billed after they've ported out

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@help_im_locked_...

once you successfully port away, your PM account is automatically closed down. You should have disabled autopay before leaving though.

Just watch your bank statements for the next 30 days to make sure nothing is debited for your old PM account.

Should be ok, though

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You need to have done this before you port for 100% assurance you won’t be billed. You most likely still won’t but sometimes mistakes happen and people still get billed @help_im_locked_ 

Lorca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you didn’t remove automatic payments from your account before you ported out then contact a moderator to remove them for you. If you weren’t on automatic payments your account will die a natural death after three months. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@help_im_locked_   no, you won't get billed again

once number is ported, account will be closed, you won't be able to login My Account again, and PM won't charge you again

You are all good

Need Help? Let's chat.