cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of self serve

jwestacott
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Can someone help me with getting my account unlocked for self serve so I can reset my password? I need to change my credit card info so I can renew my plan asap. Thanks

@Moderator_Team Please help reset password unlock and reset password as I need my plan working. Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14

jwestacott

Almost two days now no response.

dg87
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What a major fail... I can step in as a moderator at part-time if you need help! Geez... 

You're clearly unable to deal with your customers! This is not normal... 

My phone is not working anymore because I was unable to change my expired credit card to the new one due to the login/reset pass bug... facepalm... 

RFong007

Same here. No response yet either.

jwestacott

@CS_Agent Coming up on 24 hours and no repsonse yet. Seriously frustrating when you have no service and its a simple matter of getting a password reset or account unlock so you can update your credit card info and renew your account. If this goes beyond 48 hours to get a response it would literally be quicker to port the number to a new service provider than to get my password reset with PM...... Public Mobile needs to get their **bleep** together and fix the password reset tool

jwestacott

I can appreciate that but unfortunately this is not the first time I have had an account issue and had to wait 3 or 4 days for someone to look at it because of a backlog due to a promotion or a system upgrade that messed up a bunch of accounts. Like I mnetioned before it seems as though Public Mobile has understaffed their Moderators or is not providing the proper tools for them to effectively get to everyone. A password reset or account unlock is a very basic feture of a web portal that literally the entire internet figured out 10 or 15 years ago so very disappointing that PM cant even get that working to avoid the onslaught of tickets and complaints. Meanwhile the customer is the one that suffers going for days without service. It was also very recent that PM tried to impose a mjor price increase to many of their customer accounts so you'll have to forgive me if I am having a har time believing that PM is here to serve their customers.

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@jwestacott wrote:

I tired the 611 suggestion but just says the payment cant be processed (I am assuming because it is trying old credit card). Hoping a Mod from @CS_Agent can help with this asap as I need my phone back working. By tomorrow I probably have to start looking at other providers if anytime there is an account issue its going to take days to get someone to look at it.

Sorry that 611 was of no help.

Usually the mods are pretty quick to get back (within a few hours), the delay might be due to the backlog of issues as a result from the influx of new subscribers from the weekend promotions and system downtime.

jwestacott

I tired the 611 suggestion but just says the payment cant be processed (I am assuming because it is trying old credit card). Hoping a Mod from @CS_Agent can help with this asap as I need my phone back working. By tomorrow I probably have to start looking at other providers if anytime there is an account issue its going to take days to get someone to look at it.

RFong007

Thanks.  Needed texting because I use it for work.  Now I actually have to go to the office.

jwestacott

How will that work though if the credit card associated with the account has expired and needs to be updated?

PJC

@RFong007 wrote:

Same here. Can't log in. Can't reset password.  Error message says "Sorry, we're unable to verify your email message."

Can't receive any text messaes either.

FYI, I am new to Public Mobile.

Phone calls are going straight to voice mail.

You will have to send a message to the mods for help. Include your phone number and pin in the message and a description of your issue and they can help you.

This is the link to send them a message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

PJC

@jwestacott wrote:

More than 24 hours to reset a password????? Surely that cant be right.... If so it might be time to look at other providers because that is not great customer service at all that you potentially could be without service for the weekend because you need to update your expired credit card info and cant do so because Public Mobile cant get a basic feature like a password reset working.

Try dialing 611 if you want to make a payment to your account to reload.

jwestacott

More than 24 hours to reset a password????? Surely that cant be right.... If so it might be time to look at other providers because that is not great customer service at all that you potentially could be without service for the weekend because you need to update your expired credit card info and cant do so because Public Mobile cant get a basic feature like a password reset working.

RFong007

Same here. Can't log in. Can't reset password.  Error message says "Sorry, we're unable to verify your email message."

Can't receive any text messaes either.

FYI, I am new to Public Mobile.

Phone calls are going straight to voice mail.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@jwestacott

Password reset feature has not worked for a while

Need to contact moderator.  Due to increase in demand, there might be a wait unfortunately.  Up to 24 hours or longer.  

Here is instructions to contact moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

Or just send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Community Moderators are available from Monday to Friday 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

Need Help? Let's chat.