cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of account. CS: "wait 7-14 days for technical support"

Dwwaugh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This isn't a question. It's a rant, crying into the void.

I've been trying to help my father get back into his "My Account" for the last two days after he put his password in wrong.

It turns out, the "exceeded # of tries, wait an hour" message the site gives is a myth. It's not one hour. The "wait 3 hours" advised by the chatbot: also mythical. It's not three hours.

The actual answer, apparently: a CS rep has to escalate this to Technical Support, which will take "7-14 business days". CS says they can't unlock locked accounts.

To state the obvious, my elderly dad puting a password in wrong should result in a 7-14 business day wait for CS to look at it. There should always be a way to restore access, if he's in possession of the phone, can access his registered email to respond to a code, if he knows the account pin, and if he can describe the plan in every which way, to verify he's the legitimate account holder.  

From looking at messages on this board, this seems like some kind of software bug. Whatever it is, it's non-functional and absolutely punitive to customers.

6 REPLIES 6

Dwwaugh

Yes- I did it for him about a month ago.

@Dwwaugh   This is probably a long shot but have you/your Dad logged in to the account in the last few months and have set up Eversafe?

Dwwaugh

@Handy1 wrote:

@Dwwaugh  PM does tend to have some glitches every now and then . And it’s always advised when logging into your account to go incognito private mode . Or even clear web browser history cache and cookies as PM has a big cache issue . Sorry to hear your having such difficulties. Hope it gets resolved soon .

Thanks. Because of the cache issue I tried this morning from my office computer - so, different browser, different computer, different everything- no go. "Try the app!" CS advised - also no go. Same "account locked, try again in an hour" message.

Dwwaugh

@softech wrote:

@Dwwaugh is your dad's account resume service yet?? if not, get a voucher from SDM/London Drugs/711/Shell and load the voucher using *611.  This will at least at the service back first 

Yes - exactly what we did two hours ago. That said, even *611 didn't work and the CS rep had to add the credit manually when provided the PIN. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Dwwaugh is your dad's account resume service yet?? if not, get a voucher from SDM/London Drugs/711/Shell and load the voucher using *611.  This will at least at the service back first 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Dwwaugh  PM does tend to have some glitches every now and then . And it’s always advised when logging into your account to go incognito private mode . Or even clear web browser history cache and cookies as PM has a big cache issue . Sorry to hear your having such difficulties. Hope it gets resolved soon .

Need Help? Let's chat.