cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked Sim card

Spathodia
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have accidentally locked my sim card. The system is asking for my PUK code. How do I find it?

16 REPLIES 16

@Hatethephiones wrote:

This is what I got

IMG_1729.jpeg

Yes,  It is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorized use of a SIM card.  Likely because you have entered wrong 3 times.  

This is something PM Customer Support can help

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hatethephiones wrote:

This is what I got

IMG_1729.jpeg

@Hatethephiones 

Where To Find Your PUK

A Personal Unlocking Key, or PUK code, allows you to reset your SIM card’s PIN number, after you’ve entered an incorrect PIN three times. To get your PUK code, please start a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon, to submit a ticket to the Customer Support Agents by clicking here link,.

@Hatethephiones 

You'll need to contact CS for the code:

Chatbot (tiia.ai)

PIN unlock key (PUK)” is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card. 

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.
  • Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.
  • Only Public Mobile's Customer Support Agents (CSA) can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot. Public Mobile's Customer Support Agents (CSA) can be contacted at the following address: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
  • Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

Hatethephiones
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is what I got

IMG_1729.jpeg

@Hatethephiones wrote:

Thank you, I did, but said it could be 3 days before someone contacts. A long time especially when I need it for verification codes etc

If you have opened ticket with Chatbot, although it says 48 hours, usually it is a quick turnaround , possibly within an hour or two.  Just check your Community Inbox hTideGnow_1-1626022389479.png here, they will reply you there.

Hatethephiones

Thank you, I did, but said it could be 3 days before someone contacts. A long time especially when I need it for verification codes etc

@Hatethephiones 

What is the exact message?

If it is "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." , it is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this. (Let me know and I can send you Samsung number)

If it is "SIM network unlock PIN" , it is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them (your previous provider or the provider where you got the phone from) with your IMEI (dial *#06# to get it) and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

Hatethephiones

Thank you but no, it was asking for a PUK code and to contact my carrier, which I am now locked out! 

@Hatethephiones  not entirely useless

If you need the unlock code for your SIM card, you can open a ticket with Chatbot.  Type below and you will get to ticket opening screen and won't be asked to come back to the Community

Type:  Unlock a phone
Click "Sim card PUK"
Click "Contact Us"
Click "Click her to submit a ticket"

you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket successfully opened, keep checking your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right)  CS Agent will communicate with you there

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Hatethephiones 

Did you get this message on your screen? If yes try the default code 1, 2, 3, 4. But only try it once.

Screenshot_20210903-005600.png

@Hatethephiones wrote:

This was useless!!! I am locked out, no idea why and now can not get resolution, Sent me to this board, which will not give me a code!!! 

Who sent you here?

Why are you locked out? What are the messages you got?

@Hatethephiones 

Ok locked out of what?

Hatethephiones

This was useless!!! I am locked out, no idea why and now can not get resolution, Sent me to this board, which will not give me a code!!! 

Spathodia
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for the information. I have now sent a message to the moderators.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is an explanation by one if the Oracles, Luddite.

SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN" is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

“PIN unlock key (PUK)” is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card. 

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.

• Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

• Only Public Mobile's moderators can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot. Public Mobile's moderators can be contacted at the following address: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

• Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

what was the exact message showing on the screen?

if it is the SIM pin, you can try 1234.. if failed, you can open a ticket with mod to request a SIM PUK,    Public Mobile's moderators can be contacted at the following address:

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Oyn1L6

Need Help? Let's chat.