cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked SIM

evanmiller
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CS_Agent My SIM is locked, asking for a PUK number, nowhere to enter it. 

10 REPLIES 10

evanmiller

Yeah, support just needs to respond. 

I checked, it says No SIM Restrictions. 

@evanmiller   check what support say first

Also, you can confirm that by going to  Settings > General > About. If "No SIM restrictions" appears next to Carrier Lock, your iPhone is unlocked 

evanmiller

I don’t think it’s a carrier lock… my phone has always been unlocked. iPhone 13 bought straight from Apple. I was with Freedom before. The network worked for a brief moment before it asked me for my PIN. I tried the different codes that I normally would use, then it asked me to enter the PUK. 

@evanmiller   it sound to me like a carrier lock.  What kind of phone is that? which carrier it was used on before? what was the exact error message?

evanmiller

Also my phone is unlocked, and has not been purchased through any carrier. 

evanmiller

I just registered my phone for an eSIM, then it asked me for a PIN. I entered the usual numbers that I use as a pin, thinking that it would be one of those. After three attempts it locked my SIM, and is now asking for my PUK. 

@evanmiller so, it was a sim card unlock code it was asking for?  If the phone was never used on PM network and the sim card works on another phone, it likely a carrier lock instead

But for sim card unlock code, usually support reply message without an hour or two.  Monitor your Community inbox

evanmiller

I messaged customer service over an hour ago… It says it should only be 30mins online. Do you know how long it usually takes for a response?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@evanmiller 

what was the exact error message? Depends on the message, you have to ask the PUK code from different places

If it is a Samsung and if the message is "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." 
      call  Samsung 1-800-726-7864 for a master unlock code.
      The only info you will need to provide is the IMEI and where the phone was purchased|

If the message is “PIN unlock key (PUK)” or "Enter PUK Your SIM  Card, SIM cannot be accessed" or on an iPhone's status bar showing  "Locked SIM"
         open a ticket with PM Support using this direct link:  https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Oyn1L6
           **Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there.

If the message is "SIM network unlock PIN" or "SIM ME lock code NP" or "SIM not Supported" or  on an iPhone's About->Carrier Lock showing "SIM locked"
          You have to ask the carrier where you got the phone from for the carrier unlock code.
           (PM would not be able to help with this) 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@evanmiller  You need to ask support for that please

message support directly

while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click    

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.