cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line doesn’t work

adamshaker
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just re activated my plan but nothing works. I tried shutting down my phone and everything else but still line is still cut.  

19 REPLIES 19

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@adamshaker 

you changed number right, can you check your new number in your account ?

HI @adamshaker   What brand and model of phone do you have?

@adamshaker wrote:

Just tried. Didn’t work. I really don’t understand what’s going on…../

@adamshaker  - if all troubleshooting is failing, contact Customer Support to check on the activation. Two ways to contact them hereL https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

adamshaker

Just tried. Didn’t work. I really don’t understand what’s going on…../

@adamshaker wrote:

What do I do ???

HI @adamshaker   you said it connects to the network, so, it shows Public Mobile on top ?  and how many barrs of signal?

what is the brand and what is the model of your phone?

If it is an LG, you will need to perform a Network Reset  , in some case , even a Factory Wipe. 

Do you have a second phone to test the PM SIM

@adamshaker 

Try this. In self service choose lost/stolen. Suspend your service and then log out. Log back in after 1 minute and resume your service. Reboot your phone.

adamshaker

Doesn’t work either 

adamshaker

What do I do ???

@adamshaker 

Can you put your sim in another unlocked phone to see if it works?

adamshaker

Active

VIP_Tech

@adamshaker 

adamshaker

The network shows. I tried calling, texting and so on. Nothing works.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@adamshaker wrote:

I just re activated my plan but nothing works. I tried shutting down my phone and everything else but still line is still cut.  

@adamshaker  if you activated with a new number services should be pretty much immediate.

Rare times it just take a little bit to getting going....

Try one or more of the below:

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings on your device

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Can you try the SIM into another phone to see if services work?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @adamshaker 

First of all , do you see it connected to the PM network at all?   It should show on top of the phone  the network signal.

IF it connects, test outgoing calls first, then test incoming calls  and then Mobile Data , and let us know if they work

If it does not connect at all, will be a problem with SIM provision.  Please open ticket with PM Support

Click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. type: Activation
  2. click "Activation isn't working"
  3. click "Other/Error code 821"
  4. click "Contact Us"
  5. Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  6. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

adamshaker

No messages. Yes I had available funds on my account and they got used. Phone unlocked, it used to work 1 month ago. I didn’t pay last month. Before everything worked.

adamshaker

But I didn’t port in 

adamshaker

I changed my number 

VIP_Tech

Hi @adamshaker 

you getting new number or port old number to PM ?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@adamshaker wrote:

Any messages on your phone? Can you confirm your cc was charged? Are you porting a number in? Is your phone unlocked?

Need Help? Let's chat.