cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited time promo

Manicoti72
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My credit card expired and account was deactivated. When I went to put in a new card, saw a limited time offer of 4gb speed and 20gb data. I tried to select it but couldn’t find the offer. Now that I’ve reactivated my account, that offer is no longer on my page. How do I get this offer?

A43BE691-304F-4A40-A89F-7DCAE2E31369.png

19 REPLIES 19

Manicoti72

It wasn’t a threat really. I have a corporate account at Telus and could get that offer for around the same cost vs what id pay at public mobile now if I priced out this offer. So it would make sense for me to add my daughter to my Telus account. 

It's a legal issue. They're acting unlawfully. It's not the first time. So you would need to decide on how much the legal fight is worth to you. There's the C C T S who seem to be in the pockets of the providers. There's the competition bureau because of the false advertising for those customers that see that plan being offered.

I've never been a fan of threats of leaving because if a customer gets into enough of a principled huff then they would leave anyway. Why threaten. I'm not sure this company cares either. I think Telus just wants Public to wither and die. They continue making things harder and harder for the customer.

Manicoti72

Any suggestions? We’ve gone back and forth 4 times. I even threatened leaving after this month is up. Asked to take it to an manager saying that the offer was there when in logged in. Even sent them photo proof. They don’t seem to want to back down 

They have every capability to manually assemble plans. This has become a really ickish move by the company and Telus. We have always been able to schedule plans and that would be honoured if the plan is removed. This is all kinds of illegal. Again. This company has no regard for optics and morals and ethics.

Manicoti72

Well after going back and forth multiple times, they won’t honour it. They say it’s no longer in the system 

Manicoti72

I’m with a different carrier. My daughter is with public mobile 

I think PM legal department has been busy this year.. LoL

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

From the Competition Act for nationwide jurisdiction:

Definition of bargain price

• 74.04 (1) For the purposes of this section, bargain price means

• (a) a price that is represented in an advertisement to be a bargain price by reference to an ordinary price or otherwise; or

• (b) a price that a person who reads, hears or sees the advertisement would reasonably understand to be a bargain price by reason of the prices at which the product advertised or like products are ordinarily supplied.

• Bait and switch selling

(2) A person engages in reviewable conduct who advertises at a bargain price a product that the person does not supply in reasonable quantities having regard to the nature of the market in which the person carries on business, the nature and size of the person’s business and the nature of the advertisement.

• Saving

(3) Subsection (2) does not apply to a person who establishes that

• (a) the person took reasonable steps to obtain in adequate time a quantity of the product that would have been reasonable having regard to the nature of the advertisement, but was unable to obtain such a quantity by reason of events beyond the person’s control that could not reasonably have been anticipated;

• (b) the person obtained a quantity of the product that was reasonable having regard to the nature of the advertisement, but was unable to meet the demand therefor because that demand surpassed the person’s reasonable expectations; or

• (c) after becoming unable to supply the product in accordance with the advertisement, the person undertook to supply the same product or an equivalent product of equal or better quality at the bargain price and within a reasonable time to all persons who requested the product and who were not supplied with it during the time when the bargain price applied, and the person fulfilled the undertaking.

@will13am wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@dust2dust wrote:

You have the screen shot from them with their offer. Regardless of the removal of the plan, I would demand that they honour the offer. It's not your problem that they can't keep their messaging up to date. That's on them. Otherwise it's false bait and switch advertising.

In most parts of the country, pricing errors do not have to be honored.  Should something such as this be honored? Yes, I would say that it should because it's not such an extreme mistake as Public Mobile was previously offering it.  In most places, it's a misconception that a merchant has to give you a mistaken price.  I also can't speak as to if this is an error, why it hasn't been corrected.

It is possible that a cached page was viewed.  I am sure that the Public Mobile regulatory affairs folks have these kinds of situations all covered.  

Depending on juristiction, the prices advertised aren't considreed offers. They're invitations to treat which often aren't binding.  No such "contract" would be completed until the sale of such plan was completed.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@dust2dust wrote:

You have the screen shot from them with their offer. Regardless of the removal of the plan, I would demand that they honour the offer. It's not your problem that they can't keep their messaging up to date. That's on them. Otherwise it's false bait and switch advertising.

In most parts of the country, pricing errors do not have to be honored.  Should something such as this be honored? Yes, I would say that it should because it's not such an extreme mistake as Public Mobile was previously offering it.  In most places, it's a misconception that a merchant has to give you a mistaken price.  I also can't speak as to if this is an error, why it hasn't been corrected.

It is possible that a cached page was viewed.  I am sure that the Public Mobile regulatory affairs folks have these kinds of situations all covered.  

@computergeek541 wrote:

@dust2dust wrote:

By the way...interesting 5G symbol on your first screenshot.

That type of network wouldn't be visible on some devices.  Some phone manufacturers disable the 5G network option after a Pubilc Mobile SIM card is inserted so that it can't be selected from the menus.

I connected to 5G once this summer.  It is possible.  

@dust2dust wrote:

That type of network wouldn't be visible on some devices.  Some phone manufacturers disable the 5G network option after a Pubilc Mobile SIM card is inserted so that it can't be selected from the menus.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Manicoti72   For whatever reason that offer only appears on accounts that are suspended (I still see it on my suspended account) but not on any active account.  Unfortunately, even clicking on the promo only brings up the current available plans and not the so called "sweet deal", but I agree with others, that you have good case (with your screenshot) and should perhaps ask customer support to honour this offer.

Here's couple of links if you want to take it up with customer support, try the chatbot first.

chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

CS_Agent:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@dust2dust wrote:

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Meow
Mayor / Maire

There is no more $55 plan with 20GB. It was 'student' promo ending last month.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Manicoti72   Sorry, but you won't be able to get it anymore as it was discontinued earlier this month, unless you had scheduled a change at next renewal then you might be able to get customer support to honour the plan change.

Need Help? Let's chat.