Where I am atm is  kinda close to the border

It says I've left my home network

I can still send and receive text and calls 

I just don't have internet. 

Do I need an ad on?

3 REPLIES 3

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BCBudGirl69 - You can leave Data Roaming on as the USA is the only country that has support for Public Mobile roaming.

Data roaming will make you able to connect to Rogers EXT for data use.

1. You won't be charged at all for data roaming being turned on.
  2. You must be in an area with no TELUS or Bell coverage, T-Mobile is USA and will be non functional without a roaming package. Rogers is Canada and in BC you can connect to EXT for free.
  3. EXT is this (See Article: telus.com/en/ext)
  4. Your current plan is only for in Canada and if your data is now working and you've selected either EXT or Public Mobile you are good to go.

BCBudGirl69
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi fixin1

Thank You for responding

1. So I can have roaming on and I won't be charged extra?  I've turned it in a cpl times but then turned it off again 

2. I did your#1 already the only ones coming up are Rodgers Verizon and T.mobile

3. I see EXT

4. see attached picture

1000025963.jpg

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BCBudGirl69 - Did you receive this text message?

Public Mobile here. Welcome to USA! You will need a U.S. Roaming Add-On to use your phone. Customers using Roaming Add-Ons may experience differences in coverage and service quality (including 9-1-1 calls) due to certain U.S. carrier 3G network shutdowns. Go to https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/ for Add-On options

If you notice that text, you’re likely on T-Mobile, Verizon, or AT&T.

Since Public Mobile is a prepaid service, you won’t incur charges for the $14 roaming fee or the Pay Per use model like most other carriers that offer roaming services.

However, if you’re experiencing issues accessing mobile data, try the following steps:

1. Disable automatic connections and select “Public Mobile” from the connection options. If that’s not an option, choose “TELUS.”

2. Reboot your device.

If you only see “EXT” as the carrier and not “Public Mobile,” you’re likely roaming on Rogers. If you see “T-Mobile, AT&T, or Verizon” as the carrier, you’re using US towers.

If you have a Canada-US plan, you won’t need to worry about roaming costs. It’s free, but you’ll need to enable data roaming in your cellular settings on your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.