cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left Public-want to come back.

janelle_cheyne
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I (stupidly) left public for another provider on Jan 31st and need to come back to public. My number has been "ported out" from other provider and I still have my public SIM card. What do I need to do now? 

15 REPLIES 15

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@janelle_cheyne  The WCC provides within its legislation a 15 day trial period that you may return a device and cancel the contract with no penalty to you. However if you identify as disabled this period is extended to 30 days. If this is your situation you would want to port your number out before the 30 days are up and return everything you recieved from the other provider by the 30th day. (29th day would be better)

@janelle_cheyne

Click here to send a Private Message to the Moderator Team if you need them to sort out your email thing. (Not really necessary as a "new" PM customer with a new PM account, unless you just prefer your first email address.)

Your previous PM account was Terminated, your old PM SIM card was deactivated - neither one will ever work again - all your previous history, Rewards (Loyalty, Referrals), or unused balance in account are lost forever.

You will need to use the same email address for PM Self-Serve and PM Community accounts to get your Community Rewards.

You can use a random/temp phone number on PM then port your number (back) to PM from the carrier you're leaving. The number has to be Active (not Suspended, unpaid, etc) to be ported.

If you purchased a phone from your carrier then make sure it's unlocked (or that they unlock it) before bringing it to PM. They are not obligated to unlock devices until they're fully paid. (If you got a shiny new phone on a 2-year subsidized contract/tab then you're gonna have to pay for it before you walk away, or they will obstruct unlocks and eventually put it on blacklist.)

janelle_cheyne

@AE_Collector wrote:

Yeah I think you are hooped on any refunds. You just have to start over as a new customer.

New SIM card but depending where you are Wal-Mart will quite often give you the SIM card for free for new activations. Sometimes London Drugs does as well (better choice than Walmart) but LD is only in the 4 western provinces. 

Not sure how you are escaping from where you are if it is a two year contract? 

As mentioned already, if you can hang on a few more days, weeks or even up to a month.... there is bound to be another promo for new PM customers soon.  And use a referal code to get a one time $10 credit. 

Also already mentioned, you WILL have to use a different email address than the 9nevyou used last time with Public Mobile. Or since you aren't quite ready to make the move, try contacting a moderator here to see if they can delete up your email address from records so you can reuse it shortly when you come back. This might take a day or two so do it now!

Welcome back.....

AE_Collector

Thanks for the great reply! How do I contact a moderator? 

moalkhatib
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As long as you have a sim card you will be able to use it, just get started and use its serial to register, then use any number and ask PM to link to that number

Yeah I think you are hooped on any refunds. You just have to start over as a new customer.

New SIM card but depending where you are Wal-Mart will quite often give you the SIM card for free for new activations. Sometimes London Drugs does as well (better choice than Walmart) but LD is only in the 4 western provinces. 

Not sure how you are escaping from where you are if it is a two year contract? 

As mentioned already, if you can hang on a few more days, weeks or even up to a month.... there is bound to be another promo for new PM customers soon.  And use a referal code to get a one time $10 credit. 

Also already mentioned, you WILL have to use a different email address than the one you used last time with Public Mobile. Or, since you aren't quite ready to make the move, try contacting a moderator here to see if they can delete your email address from their records so you can reuse it again shortly when you come back. This might take a day or two so do it now!

Welcome back.....

AE_Collector

@janelle_cheyne there are no credits. PM is a prepaid service. 

@janelle_cheyne wrote:

Any chance you know how to get credited for the time I was gone as it was right after my prepay came out. Bad timing on my part.

janelle_cheyne

Any chance you know how to get credited for the time I was gone as it was right after my prepay came out. Bad timing on my part.

janelle_cheyne

Terrible customer service! And I just can't be locked in to anything for 2 years...commitment issues lol

Welcome back @janelle_cheyne . Don't forget to use a referral code to get a one time $10 credit.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@janelle_cheyne  you will need to buy a new sim card and activate using a different email address than what you used before.

Don't forget to use a refetal code to get a bonus $10 credit.

If you don't have one ask someone in this thread who helped you out.

bradholroyd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

He realized he was paying double for a worse service Smiley Very Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Begs the question...3 weeks in and now you NEED to come back? Inquiring minds want know. Why?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@janelle_cheyne  You need to start as a new customer.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@janelle_cheyne wrote:

I (stupidly) left public for another provider on Jan 31st and need to come back to public. My number has been "ported out" from other provider and I still have my public SIM card. What do I need to do now? 

Once you ported out your account and SIM were de-activated.  You will need to buy a new SIM and open a new account.

Either way welcome back:)

Edit: @janelle_cheyne  you could wait and see if there is another promotion coming this weekend and activate a new account then.  Just keep checking the announcement page everyday, just in case.

Need Help? Let's chat.