cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline number transfer

maxdifeather
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My landline number was accepted for transfer and instead there was a new number assigned. What happened?

How do I get my old landline number.

11 REPLIES 11

@Anonymous wrote:

@softech : Well that seems open to abuse. When I transferred the number out of the Telus SmartHub account I had, I was asked to provide the IMEI of the device. So maybe there's no authorization per se...but you better have the right information.

I have a ZTE box.....if I was to port out I would put SIM in a phone then do the request. The SiM change immediately reports the new devices IMEI to the carrier. 

@Anonymous wrote:

With non-textable transfers, wouldn't one need to authorize the transfer with the originating provider somehow?

Yes and depends on the voip provider. It falls back on how well you identify your ownership of the voip Account. In the case of voip.ms they will tell you exactly what information to use and as well the same shows on your online account. 

Wouldn't one call them to give them the heads up saying that they're going to get a port request and that you officially authorize it?

As mentioned above. And believe it or not voip.ms does not accept calls...only email and recently they added a chat option. Your port authorization is as good as done if you provide your exact name, address, phone number and account number. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : Well that seems open to abuse. When I transferred the number out of the Telus SmartHub account I had, I was asked to provide the IMEI of the device. So maybe there's no authorization per se...but you better have the right information.

@Anonymous 

I think landline or VoIP,  It really depends on the company.   I think I heard ppl mentioned there is nothing they need to do.   I don't think there is a set rule like CRTC set for mobile carriers

Anonymous
Not applicable

With non-textable transfers, wouldn't one need to authorize the transfer with the originating provider somehow? Wouldn't one call them to give them the heads up saying that they're going to get a port request and that you officially authorize it?

@maxdifeather wrote:

Landline transfer accepted a month ago, outgoing calls only then was assigned new number without approval or explanation.

@maxdifeather   A month ago?  I think there has been issue with the VoIP side

You have to login to My Account, click Change Number and then re-request the porting again.

After you request,  it should be done within a week.  I would wait a full week and then call the PM Porting team and ask for status.  They might said your VoIP provider turned down or need more info.. See what the porting team said after the week 

I will private message you the phone number.  Check the Community inbox on the top right, envelope icon 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@maxdifeather 

Did you port during the activation process?

Or activate with a number chosen fro PM and after requested a port?

My voip.ms took 5 days...so expect the full week to complete. And expect split services. 

Contact a CSA and they will let you know the current status of the process. 

maxdifeather

Landline transfer accepted a month ago, outgoing calls only then was assigned new number without approval or explanation.

maxdifeather

The line is voip on cable.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Porting of land line will take few days. If you opened account just now, most likely temporary account has been assigned.

Confirm you have all services (SMS/call/Internet) in order and wait for actual land line porting to complete.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is your landline still working? Is this an actual copper landline or cable or cell type landline?

Did you authorize the transfer somehow with the landline provider?

Need Help? Let's chat.