cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE turned off

Mk12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What does it mean LTE turned off on my account?

21 REPLIES 21

Mk12

Thanks.

it helps to resolve issue.

Redfisher1

Only have access to 3G here and calls don’t go through.  Thanks for your suggestions.  Will submit a message but if nothing changes I may have to stop and purchase a US plan as we are here for another 3 weeks.  

Public Mobile’s US Talk and Text Addon has been a dud.   Likely won’t use it again. 

Redfisher1

I can do this using What’s App but I don’t have access to wifi very often as we are rv’ing

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Mk12 

if you are still having trouble talking...try this....using wifi, download free TextNow app to your cellphone. You'll select a local Cdn number and you'll be able to talk and text for free using your local wifi.  Works perdy good too.

@Redfisher1   If VoLTE is not working you won't be able to make calls in the USA since they shut down their 3G network.  One thing you could try is to connect to T-Mobile's 2G network although it is spotty service.

Probably a good idea for those of you affected to contact Public Mobile customer service, use the chat/message icon at the bottom right of this page or if that doesn't work send a private message to support using this link and watch for a reply from an agent at the envelope top right or tap your avatar for Messages.  Here's the link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Redfisher1

When I try to turn on the Volte it won’t let me. Says to call Public Mobile which of course doesn’t work. 

I am supposed to have 7 more days of talk and text on this 15 day add on.  Very frustrating to not have texting for past month and now no phone. 🤷‍♂️

Redfisher1

I got the pop up this morning and now I can’t call anyone.  

@Redfisher1   Unless you are getting the pop-up that the carrier has turned off LTE on your phone I'm not sure yours is the same problem.  What phone do you have?

Redfisher1

I did a full shutdown and also have tried turning on and off my LTE.  It’s on but nothing working. 

@Redfisher1  Are you getting the pop-up too?  Or does your phone just not have VoLTE regardless? 

Redfisher1

I’m stuck down in Arizona with my phone not working due to this.   Also no texting possible for last month even though I bought the talk and text 15 day roaming addon.  

all I have now is limited usage of my phone if I can get wifi.    Very frustrating 

Alpaca77
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes I also got a pop up saying Public Mobile turned off LTE. 

@hairbag1 @BKNS27  I think this is another case of the pop-up "Public Mobile/Carrier has turned off LTE calls on your account.".  Last time it happened people were saying their phones worked but calls were o 3G instead of LTE.  I remember there were VoLTE glitches on Telus/Koodo/PM also a while back.  A couple of suggestions have been to put airplane mode on for a while then turn it off, or just reboot the phone.  But I think it just got fixed by Telus the last time.  I think it was in January but lost the thread.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Mk12 

It means Long Term Evaluation which is essentially 4G.

Go to Settings>Cellular>Cellular Data Options>Voice & Data>enable LTE.

@Mk12  in iPhone settings click Cellular / Cellular Data Options / LTE

@Mk12 @breeslice_   Someone else may remember the details but I think there was a spate of this not too long ago where there were issues with VoLTE service (Voice over LTE).   It's not that Public Mobile has deliberately turned off the LTE, just a malfunction/outage of some kind.  It happens with iPhones on other carriers from time to time as well.

breeslice_
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Mine just said the same thing?

Mk12

Phone is still working.

message was from Phone carrier.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Mk12   Is that the message that says LTE was turned off by the carrier/Public Mobile?  Does the phone still work?  Does it show 3G instead of LTE at the top?   You may want to try restarting the phone if the pop-up is still there.

Mk12

Could you please explain me how to turn it on for 4G/LTE ?

I am using IPHONE.

Thank you in Advance.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Mk12  you see it on your phone?

you should turn it back on for 4G / LTE reception

Need Help? Let's chat.