cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LNYGIFT promo email (Eligible or not eligible that is the question)

metalsmith87
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The new LNYGIFT promo email running till Mar 1st stated my eligibility. I added funds to cover the $25 minimum, added the promo code LNYGIFT and it tells me in not eligible. What is this? Thanks 👍

12 REPLIES 12

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Based on your response, current customers who upgrade their plans aren't eligible for the Lunear New Year promo because the promo IS for NEW customers, not current customers.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

Unfortunately, this special promotion codes are only for new activations/customers.  Not for existing accounts and upgrades.  

If you purchased a new SiM card and activate a new account, you would qualify for this promotion.  

metalsmith87

And that's what I was doing. 

0PX9O4

The email in your screenshot states "when you activate on any plan $25+". You did not just activate on any plan $25+.

metalsmith87

Screenshot_20220122-103545.png

 yes false advertising

0PX9O4

@metalsmith87 wrote:

This is false advertising by public mobile IMO 😦

Is it, though?

0PX9O4_0-1642876411672.png

metalsmith87

This is false advertising by public mobile IMO 😦

metalsmith87

Why would public mobile send promo emails to existing customers stating their eligibility explicitly only to not be eligible? It's the same email on the account.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I believe all PM promos are always for NEW customers only. Not for existing even if you want to upgrade your plan.

0PX9O4

Sorry @metalsmith87 but I don't think you're eligible for the plan since you are an existing customer from before the code being applied. How long has your account been active now?

metalsmith87

I am on the $15 currently and was upping it to $25 + promo code.

0PX9O4

@metalsmith87 

I'm assuming you just activated a new line recently, and are already on the $25 monthly plan with no other bonus codes applied?

If so, it sounds like this could be a potential system error. Please go ahead and send a private message to CS_Agent with your account details so they can look into this for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.