cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo's LG G4 phone

ech_786
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Hi:

My cell phone is locked to Koodo, I checked my IMIE number on the PM website it says I should be fine but do I have to get unlocked my cell phone.

Please advise
10 REPLIES 10

Dscan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Same goes for the LG K4. Just had to factory reset mine. Everything works now though

ech_786

Thank you for the message, if its the factory reset then its going to be pain.  I am already scared now ..

Don't like the idea to reset our phone.

Let's wait and see.

thanks

imcphers

@ech_786

Just a heads up - the LG G4 does not auto update it's APN setting when swapping the SIM - Text and phone calls work fine but data does not work right away.  Have a look at this post by @srlawren that highlights a few other threads where folks have fixed this issue with a factory reset.  This is a painful bug in the LG G4....

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/LG-G4-No-data/m-p/66255/highlight/true#M526...

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ech_786,

Make sure when you sign up, it's recommended to use a different email from your current Koodo account.  Also, sign up with a new number first.  Once you do that and verify that the SIM card works, see my thread below with instructions on how to port your Koodo number into your account.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Koodo-porting/m-p/86466/highlight/true...

Message me if you have any questions on how to do this.

Yes I believe you should be able to use data and text when you are out of your home province.  Plus any calls in Quebec won't go against your long distance if you have any but any calls you receive will

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ech_786
Great, I want the 40 dollars plan, I understand its province unlimited but how about the data let say I am living in ON but visiting Quebec for a day. Would I be able to use the data there.

Thanks for your help.

Loving it, I haven't noticed anything different from my service with Roger's

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ech_786
Thank you so much,

Last question, how you been experiencing PM overall.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

You should have no issues with a phone locked to Telus/Kodoo

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hi..

all phones which are locked to telus or koodo will work on PM too...no need to unlco....telus/koodo/PM =same company which is Telus

just make sure your phone supports LTE band 4 1700mhz/2100mhz ( for data usage..... voice comes via 3G and no worries there..

cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.