cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo number unable to transfer

Codybranden
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey all. 

I'm new here and looking for some help. I went and set up a new account today on PM and have been trying to transfer my number from my koodo prepaid account to PM. I created the account with a new number like I was asked to but now when i go to transfer my number it is telling me it is not an eligible number. Don't really know what to do from this point on and could use some quick help. 

Thanks cody 

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Codybranden wrote:

Just an update guys. I messaged a mod and now my number has been ported and everything is good to go and seems to be working great. Thanks everyone for the advice 

@Codybranden welcome to Public Mobile!  Please enjoy your stay.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Codybranden

Just an update guys. I messaged a mod and now my number has been ported and everything is good to go and seems to be working great. Thanks everyone for the advice 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Thank you!

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Welcome to PM

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Hello,

I'd like to make a suggestion (speaking form personal experience).  I also tried to port my prepaid number a few days ago without success and then messaged a couple of the mods, but no reponse to date.  However, since I was also at the end of my Koodo service I didn't want to pay for another month of service, so I contacted the Koodo reps, explained I was having porting issues and the rep was really helpful, he and another technician were able to port my koodo number over to Public Mobile within minutes.  I do find having to wait for a  reply from the moderators in a timely fashion to be one of the drawbacks of Public Mobile.  However, they do seem to have great prices. 

Codybranden

Thank you for the response and I'll send them a message

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Codybranden, number transfer from Koodo prepaid to Public Mobile is a special case that customers cannot do themselves.  You will need to seeks moderator team assistance for this particular number port.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following knowledge base link for information on contacting the moderator team.  Good luck and welcome to Public Mobile.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

A Koodo Prepaid port has to be done by the mods. Koodo prepaid and Public Mobile use the same backend accounting software (same account structure) and my guess is the system thinks its the same service and it cannot do automated ports.  This will get done.

To resolve this issue you will need to send a private message to the moderator team. They are available 7 day/weeks but not 24/7. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderators.

Include your name, PM phone number, account number, 4-digit PIN and a brief description of the problem. 

Need Help? Let's chat.