cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not access my account

Norilsksever
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

I ordered the sim card and activated it later. The money for the plan also has been charged. 

The problem is that it's been charged for the wrong plan and I can not access my account, I did try to restore the password through the email. But it tells me that there is no such account in existance. 

I also did email PublicMobile and did not recieve any updates in the past 48 hours. 

Help?

8 REPLIES 8

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Norilsksever

I'm sorry about this inconvenient. 

I found an account using your email and I see that your number (ending on 1995) succesful ported, the $120 promo plan is active in your account, and your Self Serve has been created. Are you still facing issues? 

Let me know! 🙂

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

@KirkK Oddly enough, I understand most of what you're saying since I've been watching The Big Bang Theory the last few months (almost done season 7).

KirkK
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@daredogg:  lol, except that I'm a non-religious physicist.  Perhaps I should have used a more physics-y. metaphor, like being trapped in a quantum superposition of states of being both activated and not activated (Schrodinger's cat) which is perhaps even more apt.

Actually now that I think about it,  I'm a little disturbed at myself for thinking of a Catholic reference instead of a physics one.

KirkK

@Norilsksever:  Don't worry about the Dec 1 autopay renew date (unless of course, Dec 1 approaches and this still isn't resolved).  I had the same incorrect date while I was in activation purgatory, and when the moderator resolved it, it was corrected to February.  And at worst, once you have account access, you should be able to change it yourself if the plan is incorrect.

@KirkK I think we should call you Sir Kirk... with ye old speak. Or maybe Bishop Kirk because of your understanding of purgatory! Robot wink

Norilsksever
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I did try to create a new account, but it says that the number is invalid. I also selected the right plan, 90 days for $120, but the billing date is december 1st. for some reason. 

KirkK

I dub thee the newest member of Activation Failure Purgatory.   The good news is the problem is solve able ... but pretty much only by directly contacting the moderators through private message ( or as some are discovering, Twitter is working).  The bad news is that response times are currently greatly lengthened and highly variable (some are reporting within a day, some more than a week, for me it was about 72 hours as I reported on another thread.)

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @Norilsksever!

You can try creating a new selfserve accees by going here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

You will be sent a verification code via a text message.  Its worth trying this since you have service on your phone.

However, I must inform you that if you make a plan change by yourself in selfserve, you will lose the money you paid for the previous plan.. thats how the system is setup.  Since you are a new customer and its a mistake in selecting a plan, getting help from the PM support staff would be the best way forward to make sure you don't lose the moeny you just paid.  You will be asked to top up the difference.  

Send @Shazia_K a private message.  Provide a brief description of the situation and give your public mobile phone number.  Please have some patience as the mods have a backlog of requests in their inbox.  You will, however, be taken care of as soon as they are able to.  

Need Help? Let's chat.