cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep disconnecting

Westcoast123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have 2 open tickets and both not helpful at all. Waste of my time actually so does anyone know why when I'm roaming I'm now being disconnected 2 seconds after connecting?. Was working flawlessly last 2 weeks. Now it's like I don't have a Canada/USA plan and yes I've tried 100 percent of all the settings etc.  I mean 100 percent of everything possible and still not working. Agents say nothing wrong so I have a plan I can't use. Wow!

14 REPLIES 14

@Westcoast123   Mobile voice network type is LTE. 

That's not what I was looking for, somewhere near that should be something like IMS Registration Status.  What does it say there?

hi @Westcoast123 

can you test 3G voice as well? just change the network type to 3G and make some calls

Westcoast123

Mobile voice network type is LTE. 

@Westcoast123  That could mean no VoLTE, to double check can you look in settings to see if it is IMS registered - I don't have a Samsung to check the path but try Settings - About Phone - Status - SIM Status and look for IMS registration. Does say registered or not registered? 

Westcoast123

Thx for reaching out. I have a 5g phone. In Victoria the best I get is LTE. If I make a call like you said it goes to 4G. Cheers. 

@Westcoast123  Your phone not being on the VoLTE list could be relevant.  Canada still has 3G, the USA does not.  A non-VoLTE phone connecting to a US tower will only be able to use T-Mobile if it can connect to their remaining 2G network which is spotty.  All other carriers in the USA require a VoLTE phone.  A non-VoLTE phone can still use 3G in Canada.  To test whether your phone has VoLTE, when you know you are connected to PM turn off wifi and turn on cellular data then make a phone call.  If it drops to 3G it does not have VoLTE  but if it stays on LTE then it does.  This assumes that you have VoLTE turned on if there is a toggle for it in settings.  

Westcoast123

Thank you for reaching out. Some  beaches I roam in Victoria yes. I 100 percent changed my plan specifically so I can have efficient service. Sometimes in my yard I get welcome to the USA text. I was able to switch roaming on and connect to T mobile instantly now it kicks me off after a few seconds. Absolutely no one knows why. Agents are stumped!. No other USA providers will let me connect also(Never have) just T mobile. So somethings not right. I've just done a factory reset on phone so I'll update shortly. Thx again. 

colleeno
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Westcoast123 wrote:

… I'm in Victoria bc so i roam at the beaches that I visit so super frustrating. … 

Are you saying that you require US roaming when you’re at a beach on Vancouver Island? It could be that you’re hovering between Canadian and US coverage. I saw the following recently posted in this forum and I know we do have a similar issue when we go into Michigan from SW Ontario. It takes quite a few minutes (or perhaps distance from the border?) for us to connect to T-Mobile.

“Blaine is a bit tricky because you're right along the border, so still hovering between Canadian and US coverage. I'm never usually in Blaine long enough to test it well. Usually it takes 5-10 minutes before my phone connects to the US towers when I drive across.”

Westcoast123

Hello. My phone is not on that list but it is a Samsung 5g. 

@Westcoast123  If it was working on T-Mobile could it have been dropping to 2G?  T-Mobile's 2G is spotty and gradually being decommissioned.  If your phone is non-VoLTE then you could have problems with another Canadian carrier also when roaming except that they may have a more expansive whitelist.  If you were on 5G I'm guessing that you do have a VoLTE capable phone but is it on PM's whitelist here?:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte   

Westcoast123

Thx. USA /Canada plan. No they didn't ask me to reset. I've done all that on my own and everything you suggested. Thank you for reaching out. I figured they would do a reset on there end but nope!. 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

@Westcoast123 wrote:

Was working flawlessly last 2 weeks.

Have to ask because the answer may be right there. Each "Addon" lasts 15 days. Did you purchase a second US addon? OR...  do you have a Canada/US plan? If so, did they recommend doing a network reset, then reboot the phone, go into network settings and pick T-Mobile and reboot one more time? That is the fix I'd recommend. 

Westcoast123

T mobile is the only one that was working. I turn roaming on and also turn off automatically select network so a list of the USA networks show up. T mobile was working flawlessly but now its not and the others never have. I'm in Victoria bc so i roam at the beaches that I visit so super frustrating. Thx for reaching out. The most help I've had so far. I have switched from 5 g etc so very perplexed but after not getting help from agents it might be time to try a different carrier as Can't pay for a plan I can't use. Thx again. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Westcoast123   Which US carrier are you connecting to?  Make sure you've selected 4G/LTE and not 5G, make sure data roaming is on.  Try T-Mobile and AT&T to see which works better.  If your phone is not VoLTE capable/enabled then your only option would be to hope for a 2G connection on T-Mobile, which is spotty.  

Need Help? Let's chat.