cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep Me Signed In

MLG4133
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Every time I go to Community from my PM account I have to sign in again. I don’t remember a Keep Me Signed In option when registering, is there a way to do it after the registration?

8 REPLIES 8

JDG4133
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Trust this device is only to surpass 2FA (two factor authentication). This issue is obviously a design flaw in the app that needs to be addressed.

AK32
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I also have this issue on desktop. Every time i log in i have to confirm with a text message, even after i check "Trusted Device" and it says i wont have to next time. It still forces me to every time.

@Phil_Adelphus  thanks for the tips! So I only get the code like two weeks or so. But each time I don't touch the screen for five minutes or so I get logged out. 

The login info is saved already so I just have to click sign in and I'm in. Pages are saved and browsers does not clear. Every now and then, I have to login to Account even when I'm already in the community.

Probably my set up.

Oh well, I'm used to it now.

turtleTurtle
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If I leave the window open once I sign in once I am usually good for the day. I have to sign in the next morning though.

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MLG4133 - The TELUS community portal keeps me logged in for over a month!

While this logs me out every 1 hour but no hassle - just have the email saved in iCloud Keychain & I then use Touch ID / Face ID to get it. And I also have the Keep me Signed in box checked.

But I don't really know how to do that unfortunately. Before Eversafe was introduced for the community some said it was longer to log out time.

@Sansan   It works for me on iPad using Safari.  Maybe try a different browser and make sure it doesn't clear everything on exit?  The last time I had to log in with the code was last Sunday.   I do still get kicked out fairly often but I can just log back in without having to get the code.  It's still annoying though.  I don't usually have to log in again when switching between account and community though, which I think was the OP's issue, although it does happen

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

I have trusted device option checked off and I get kicked out every single time. 

I use two different phones and same thing. Mind you I only use the website. 

I do this like 50 times a day 🙃

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@MLG4133   Try ticking Trusted Device next time you log in.  It mostly works for me but sometimes it makes me log in when switching from one to the other.  If your browser deletes cookies/history etc. on exit then Trusted Device won't work however.

Need Help? Let's chat.