cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just want to validate with unreachable number

Leodvario
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I am outside Canada and the US. More specifically I'm in Honduras, but I need to enter an automated account message from a company, which I can see in the message log of my online public mobile account as the most recent message in order to validate with a code. How can I see the message without necessarily having access to my messages? I really need to enter this account but I have no coverage here, and as you can see my account is still available my phone number is xxxxxxxx but since I receive no message can you get a hold of me at xxxxxxxxxx please? Or just send me the content of the message there.

edtied by computergeek541: contact information removed

8 REPLIES 8

@Jb456 @popping 

Lol....exactly what I was going to suggest so I went another route so as not to be repetitive. Certainly the better option security wise.

@popping  basically what I said an hour ago lol but at least we are on the same page. You wrote it nicer tho with the layout lol 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Leodvario 

Since you are already out of Canada, you can ask someone in Canada to purchase a PM SIM card and email you the 19 SIM card number to you.

1.  Login to your PM account to change your SIM card on your PM account with the new SIM card number.  The SIM card currently in your phone cannot be used any more.

2.  Ask your friend and family to put the new SIM card in a phone.  Reboot the phone and ready to receive your company message.  Your friend or family will send you your company message.

3.  Ask your friend or family to keep that new SIM card as you will need it after you are back to Canada.

My daughter left Canada after Christmas back to her foreign assignment.  She was using one of my backup PM account while she was in Canada.  She changed her company security login using my PM phone number.  She took that PM SIM with her.  All I did was to change my SIM card to a new PM SIM card in my office.  We were using WhatsApp to communicate to meet the security requirement for her company to login.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Leodvario 

These sites might be a work around for you if you can change the phone number to recieve texts from the company in question....read the privacy concerns warning to see if it will work for you.

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/top-10-sites-receive-sms-online-without-phone/

@Leodvario  Do you have anyone in Canada you trust?

If so, tell them to go buy a public mobile sim card do not activate it. Tell them to give you the sim card number. Then log into your account and click change sim card. Green Arrow on picture below.

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

Now your account / number will be on that sim card. Tell them to put it in their phone (provided it is unlocked and compatible with PM)  Send your code again and they will get the text message and they can give it to you. You may want to ask them to make sure to remove the sim card after that as all your calls and texts will go to that new sim card which they will have. 

Or after that is all done. You can log into your account. Click plans and add-ons. Then lost/stolen. Mark it as such and that will block the sim card. Remember if account is in suspended status and non-payment. 90 days in this status it's closed and deleted.

Anywho just a suggestion.

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

What your asking isn't possible. Sorry

@Leodvario wrote:

If I am outside Canada and the US. More specifically I'm in Honduras, but I need to enter an automated account message from a company, which I can see in the message log of my online public mobile account as the most recent message in order to validate with a code. How can I see the message without necessarily having access to my messages? I really need to enter this account but I have no coverage here, and as you can see my account is still available my phone number is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx but since I receive no message can you get a hold of me at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx please? Or just send me the content of the message there.

Please do not post information about yourself here as it can be seen by anyone on the internet.

As for not being be able to receive a text message for another company's text message identify verifications, there isn't any way to receive this message unless you're in Canada or the U.S.  You'll have to check with the company that you're trying to authenticate with if there is an alternate method available. Otherwise, you could get a trusted family member to swap the SIM card on your account, receive the text message and use other means to contact you and provide you with the code.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

first.. use the 3 dot on top to edit your message.. remove your phone number and email.. we do not need to know them at all to help.. and you certainly dont want hacker to get all the information.. many SIM-jacked happened lately

Need Help? Let's chat.