cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just tried to port number, but now cannot access PM self-serve account!

mariaquiambao
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone! Happy Sunday!

I have a little conundrum that a lot of new users also seem to be having...I can't login to my self-serve, my PM SIM is not working, and my old number that I wished to switch my new PM account looks like it's lost!! So my question is, what do I do now? And what happend to my old number?

A couple of days back, I activated my SIM and created a new phone number (before porting my number from Koodo) so that I can test out the network on my phone. Everything worked perfectly, so I figured that I was then ready to port my number from Koodo.

According to the threads I have read about switching from Koodo to PM, I have to login to my Koodo account to port my number, and once I did, the process was quick, easy, and successful. At this point, the initial number I was given from PM became my Koodo account's new number.

At this point, I tried logging on to my PM self-serve account so that I can switch my PM accoun't number to my old number, but alas, the smoothness of this switching process between Koodo and PM turned into shambles...I could not login at all. I tried the 'Forgot password' link many times, and it won't even recognize my email address. I even tried creating an account but I had no number to associate my account with, so that did not work out either. And it looks like there is no way for me to apply my old number to my PM account without being logged on to the self-serve account. Sigh.

So far, I have private messaged four moderators (I believe that's the whole team), and I am becoming anxious that I have not received a reply from any of them. I'm just really hoping that someone who had the same problem can shed some light for some of us who haven't had this problem resolved - how was yours resolved? And is my number just lurking somewhere in the deep abyss of the tech world?? It's hard to be in the shadows, and just not knowing anything about how we can move forward. I am lucky that my Koodo account is still working, but it really sucks to be paying for both Koodo and PM at the same time Smiley Sad Time really is money!!

Delighted to be here, and excited to have this problem resovled (for me and for everyone),

Vina Q (my account name might be misleading, but my name is Vina!)

5 REPLIES 5

mariaquiambao

@hummuschips I just got my number back from Koodo! Hooray! Glad to have that little issue resolved. Now, all that's left is to reactivate (I think) my account with PM by the end of day. Otherwise, I'm afraid I won't be able to take advantage of the $120 deal. I just messaged @Saray_O about restoring my SIM card # and PM account 🙂 

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I don't know if it's possible to do so but you'll have to contact a mod here.  Also I suggest you call Koodo immediately to see if you can keep your Koodo phone number.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

mariaquiambao

@Kylam1015 I sure hope you get your account resolved soon! This whole experience really made me realize how humans are so reliant on instant messaging/calls (LOL but for many many many reasons) and a little hiccup like this sure feels like a huge burden!! 

@hummuschipsHere's the main link I followed! http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Need-a-new-sticky-for-Koodo-Telus-port...

(message #8 is the solution I used)

I think you may have just brought my mistake to my attention! From the step #2 of the instructions I read, I thought they meant to say to port the number through my Koodo account!! Oh no.. I really wanted to take advantage of the $120 offer, which ends today.

Do you know if the mods can help me with this? I just tried re-registering the SIM card I used before, just in case my account was cancelled due to porting my number the wrong way, but it looks like the SIM # is now invalid. Is there a way to restore my SIM? Thank you, hummuschips 🙂

Kylam1015
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I am experiencing a similar problem but with PM cancelling my Rogers account and a day later still haven't completed the port, I wouldn't mind hearing some success stories too just so I know it'll get resolved eventually.

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Which thread told you to do it in the Koodo self serve?  You just ported your public mobile account into Koodo and not the other way around.  I really don't know what you can do to fix this error at this point. The first thing you should do is call Koodo to see if you can stop the port and get your old number back. 

Need Help? Let's chat.