cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got new SIM and does not work

Oni1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello everyone, i just got a new SIM card and activated it, I paid and the sim card was activated but after I put it inside my phone, the phone didn't read the sim card. "no sim" I thought it was just my phone but I tried with another phone and i am facing the same issue. please help. its an iPhone if its relevant, i tried contacting the support, but it says it will update me accordingly from the messages but i cant receive any as the sim is not working on my phone.. Please help Thank you

35 REPLIES 35

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Oni1 wrote:

Yeah i understand but i believe @Timer did not send me any promo code so i think he is innocent. its the other person so ill report them accordingly.. thank you for letting me know!

@Oni1 

please provide in here full photo what i did send to you in my first message to i sending to you any code has it and what was in my message to you please i ask you to help me to proof  to @CS_Agent  about it show them and also let all member see it and don't who is reporting me to them i send a code to you ... but i was not send to you any code.. please proof it. you give big problems.

stopTheTimer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@JPK222  sneds a different code, R****W, maybe @S--S 's

@stopTheTimer- That username is in fact a referral code. I tested it. So you repeating it here is violating the rule of showing a referral code.

stopTheTimer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@JPK222  is not a referral ccde 

@JPK222 is @S--S 's secondary account

@Timer  is the new name for @S--S     after @S--S was banned

So @JPK92 = @Timer 

@Timeris  now getting Community Reward 

@J_PM   is that ok?

stopTheTimer_0-1661657777851.png

@Oni1- I never said he did. He falsely accused me in private message that I had. No I didn't. Did he contact you complaining to you that I accused him? It's all false due to him not really reading and understanding things that are written.

Oni1

Yeah i understand but i believe @Timer did not send me any promo code so i think he is innocent. its the other person so ill report them accordingly.. thank you for letting me know!

You can do or not do whatever you like. It's simply that he violated the rule around here. It's a weird rule in that the referral gets the company another customer. But the rule has been affirmed time and again.

Oni1

I see..  i am still waiting to hear from them, haven't got any reply I still have the ticket number and everything hopefully i get to hear from them by the end of the day, and haha yes he did give me his referral code although not any promo code I guess I could've done some digging and found some perhaps? 😂 thank you so much for the information, and do I really need to report them? i feel like they didn't mean me any harm haha they wanted to help so that's alright, i don't mind. i just care about my sim working so i can use it 🤣 thanks!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Oni1 

Welcome to Canada!

And welcome to public mobile! 

Unfortunately your sim card did not provision correctly upon activation. This happens sometimes. Customer support will be able to sort that out for you quite quickly once they reply to you. Expect a message in the morning.

I am going to assume that your brother gave you his referral code when you activated your Public Mobile SIM card. If he neglected to do so ask him for his referral code after you give him a punch in the arm! LOL....

This will give you a $10 bonus referral credit and there is a special promotion on right now that gives both of you a $25 credit in $5×5 months increments.

As far as the community member who messaged you with that oh so special username you should definitely report them. You can do so by clicking the little settings icon to the upper right of their username. Click on "report this user" and leave a brief explanation that their username is a referral code and it was unsolicited. Customer support will take care of it afterwards you may get an automated reply or you may get a personal reply from a customer support agent if that's the case you can inquire about your ticket at the same time.

@dust2dust @Timer 

Gosh you two.... I'm beaming with pride! You might even make me cry...😅😂😂🤪!

@Oni1- That username of that message is a valid referral code. It shouldn't be displayed here. But more importantly, it should not have been sent to you without you asking for one. I would report them. It's called soliciting for their gain. They would get a reward if you use their code. You would get something too for a period of time at the moment but they would continue to get a reward. But it was wrong of them to send it without you inviting it.

Feel free to ask for one. But people are not supposed to give it unsolicited.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Oni1 

ok good. we hope them will reply to you soon.

Oni1

I have no dm from CS agent though even after messaging them, i suppose if i send message to someone i don't see it in my end? only after they have replied to me i can see it perhaps, i have a ticket number from them but i have not yet heard from them, hopefully by tomorrow..! thank you so much for the help and advice.., i do not have a conversation from the CS agents..

Oni1_1-1661574095202.png

Oni1

hello guys im really sorry for not replying i was away from my computer, i replied to you @Timer I'm so sorry for the untimely reply. i hope that gives you the answer you were looking for.. thank you

@dust2dust 

i hear you..... i did messaging to @Oni1  but no answer mabye not get it? 

go to Preferences - My settings - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Turn on private messages check marker
Receive email notifications for new private messages check marker

and press save.

@Timer- I see the idea of testing a user for private messaging. If off, then you can't even enter their username in the to box. If the name pops up then their private messaging is on. Oni1 is on.

I did not say changing number is not an option. I said anything's possible. If you've seen that it was a fix for this kind of problem then great.

I have no clue why a sim does not get properly activated. This stupid is system and its caching and refreshing issues is rather suspect of course.

@dust2dust 

i get you then change number not a option to help OP. ..so what you think for new customer they have that issue i saw that report with new number about 7 customer so far why. any idea why.

@Timer- If he has the envelope icon he doesn't need a test. I suppose anything's possible. In the case of picking a new number whether new or old customer, it's just a new number. Not like someone having the number since their childhood or something.

@dust2dust 

i saw some other customer but i can't found this poster has new activated line and they say change number and be works but by them or from CSA. they doing to them i don't where i can found oh i did review a lot poster but not see it.

@Oni1  i will message to you to test your message can get it...from CS_Agent.

@Timer- I don't know. That would be a new wrinkle to be another way of jump-starting the service that no one has explored yet.

@Oni1- Do you have an envelope icon next to your ice cream cone avatar?

@dust2dust 

yeah something like that to be line working. correct. or for new activated not will be that way?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@Timer- Why would he need to change the number? How would that fix the problem? Do you think it's like the lost/stolen or extra dollar trick?

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Oni1 

ok good you did send to them waiting about 1 hr or so someone will be message back.

last think if you like to do for Changing Your Number.. but if not like then keep it until customer support get back to you.

for change your phone number up to 4 times every 30 days after you’ve activated. To change number after activation, go to your Self Serve Account Here and:

• Select the “Plans and Add ons” tab
  • Click on “Change Phone Number”
  • Then, you can choose to select a new phone number.
  • and turn off device take out SIM card and rinsert back on. i hope it's will chances to works.

Oni1

I did do that infact, i have 2 devices with me one is iPhone 13 and another is iPhone se 2020, in both the phones the sim card is not working, so i thought it would be an iPhone issue so i tried it with my brothers phone and yet it is still not working. he has a Samsung s20.. thanks for all the help..! i messaged the customer support agent hopefully this issue can be resolved tomorrow..

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Oni1 

your welcome to canada... not SIM card.. you did send to customer support agent message.

and you not have any friend with you to insert your SIM card in any device to test it.

Oni1

Hello again,

Thank you for taking your time to reply to my issue, my account is indeed active and i have already made my account right before i did all of this.  i am an international student who came to Canada recently and this is my first time getting any sort of sim card here.. i got a new number and everything is from square one.. the only explanation i could come up with is that the sim card could possibly be faulty and i might have to have it changed.. hopefully it can be sorted out soon. i got the sim from the public mobile website brand new. thank you

Oni1_0-1661567003501.png

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Oni1 

ok that good not blacklisted device.

use browser from computer, clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

To Login Page

you will get verification code by email or SMS
and inserting the 6 digit number and not press anything
just wait a 5 second automatically be login,,

status of your account is it Active.

and do you did insert your SIM in other device.

you getting new number or you did port your old number in here?

Oni1

Hello, I have done it and it shows up as not blacklisted, i tried using the sim card on my brothers phone who already has a public sim card but when he uses mine it does not work, so i am guessing its a sim card issue and not a mobile one.. thank you for the info! 

Oni1_0-1661565627667.png

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Oni1 

Dial *#06# from your device to get  IMEI number  and  Check the Status of Your Device

Oni1

ill try this, thank you..! 

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Oni1 

tried SIM card in other device.

or contact PM to support team by  CS_Agent 

Need Help? Let's chat.