cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset password feature ...can't receive the Code from PMobile in my eMail.

Justmehey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello folks,

Asking for another Public Mobile existing customer.

He can't log into Public Mobile Self Serve with his eMail / Password entries.

So sent a RESET PASSWORD to Public Mobile as the next step.

The problem is the RESET CODE needed for resetting the p/w is NOT RECEIVED in the individual's stated eMAIL so he can't log in still with no code!.

Please assist on what to do next then?.

Thank you.

13 REPLIES 13

Hi @darlicious 

it's works now and getting by email quickly, but the system server some crash or there is a delay, it's facing that issue.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Timer 

Coincidence? The first couple of days it took a long time to get the verification codes to your email but now it's really quick. So maybe if you're experienced was from the first few days after the new self-serve accounts were rolled out may have worked then but doesn't work now?

@computergeek541 

not getting code to email and my plan not SMS, to getting those code, i did take out SIM and reinsert and i did again by email is come why is like that? maybe the system or?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Justmehey 

If your friend knows his four digit account pin he can make a payment through 611 or the 1855 phone number with his registered credit card. If they do not know the four digit account pin they can purchase a public mobile voucher and load the 12 digit PIN code from the voucher through 611 on his phone or through the 1855 phone number.

Here is all the info you need to know about public mobile vouchers.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Can-t-Make-a-Payment-or-Update-Your-Card-...

Once a voucher or a payment is made that equals or exceeds the plan amounts the account will automatically reactivate and your friend will be able to receive the 2FA verification code via SMS text message.

I would imagine that your friend suffered an auto pay failure which is why his account services were suspended. This happens on occasion most commonly from the card expiring and the credit card needs updating but there are various other reasons it will fail. Your friend can contact customer support and ask for a ticket to be created with the tech team to investigate why the auto pay failed if it is not for the expiry date.

@Timer wrote:

@Justmehey 

can turn off device and take out SIM card and reinset back on. and tired again to reset password.maybe you will get the code by email.

Taking the SIM card and putting it back in wouldn't make e-mail arrive.

@Justmehey 

can turn off device and take out SIM card and reinset back on. and tired again to reset password.maybe you will get the code by email.

@Justmehey  - what does it say when you call 611? Either an autopay failure, when can happen, or did you perhaps report any unknown charge on your credit card?

Maybe contact CSA via private message here:  

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

When was the account last paid? You can dial 1-855-4pu-blic and enter the number and hear what the recording says. If it says a date of next renewal and a balance then it's active. If it says it wants money then it's suspended. If it says the number entered is invalid then the account is dead.

Justmehey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The issue is the eMail used for receiving the Password reset CODE is not receiving the msg from Public Mobile.

Can't receive a text verification as the phone number has been INACTIVATED by Public Mobile for no reason. Strange, as payment is Monthly via AUTO PAYMENT loyally. Customer Never missed a payment unless Public Mobile messed up receiving payments at their end?. So long story short, gotta somehow get back into SelfServe to REACTIVATE the customers phone service.

Let's say the customer eMail destination for sending the password reset CODE is not valid/incorrect one. How does one contact Public Mobile to get that required CODE here  then?.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Justmehey (funny username, 🙂 ) and @DG3 - are you current customers? Meaning, has your account been in Active status within 90 days? If ported to another provider or in nonpay status for over 90 days then your account, phone number and access to My Account is gone/closed.

If the above is not your situation, then where are you having the issues at? Try a tab in incognito mode then try the reset, if still issues submit a ticket to CSA for help.

You can submit a ticket here to: Create or forgot My Account email or password link

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Justmehey @DG3 Just tested the Reset Password tool using email verification, I got the code instantly on my email. So that functionality is working perfectly fine for me. Have you checked your spam or junk folder? Are you sure the email you are entering is the correct email? If your account is currently active, are you able to reset password using the text verification option instead of email?

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Justmehey 

use browser from computer,/clear cache/cookies/use one page inPrivate mode,

or safari on private mode, then  Reset Password 

after successful reset passowrd then close all browser,/clear cache/cookies/one page inPrivate mode,

To Login Page 

you will get verification code by email or SMS
and inserting the 6 digit number and not press anything, just wait about a 3 second will automatically be login,,

DG3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm having  password challenges too!

Need Help? Let's chat.