cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just bought a new SIM - This is interesting - Any comments?

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Delivery estimate has now changed to: 

Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 12.12.34 PM.png

And new look of cards:

Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 12.12.15 PM.png

16 REPLIES 16

@darlicious wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

How is that 7 business days? I wouldn't count the day you ordered it. The next day was a holiday....Remembrance Day. Then the weekend. So Monday is the first business day for Canada Post and it arrived on Friday. 5 business days as promised.

😀😀😀😀Different math teachers guess😀😀😀😀

Never the less @LurganIeUk says delivery was ok.

And did mention that, while it does not matter in this case, PM was  mis informative . 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk 

How is that 7 business days? I wouldn't count the day you ordered it. The next day was a holiday....Remembrance Day. Then the weekend. So Monday is the first business day for Canada Post and it arrived on Friday. 5 business days as promised.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Ok, I ordered:

Nov 10 Thursday

I received 

Nov 18 Friday

9 days 

7 business days

National Canada post is 4 business days

So processing times is 3-5 days. 

Overall is ok but could be better. 

And as far as the warning of a new pattern on card, it appears to me that PM is behind on removing their updates. And who know how many different places on the web site has the same message.  Pattern and package is the same. 

IMG_2410.jpg

wow - so sounds like they have definitely got their act together in regards to that then. good to hear!

Kristowhy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Amazon link on PM website.......SIMs are unavailable.  

First it as toilet paper.  Then Tylenol.  And now PM SIMs...unavailable!?  Lord help us!  🤣

Curious to see this "new design", but more interested in VoLTE than fancy looking SIMs... 😉😁😊

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Amazon link on PM website.......SIMs are unavailable.  

1B2A9578-3E6B-4F35-B921-282317577BD0.jpeg

@darlicious 

I am thinking there is a newer design.  I will post after I receive it with a pic and how many business days for arrival. 

Hopefully if the folks that order will “read” the in transit value and only make inquiries after the 10 business days. Which could be 12 - 14 days. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JL9 

My last 3 orders were delivered in exactly 5 business days via Canada Post.

maybe they are finally getting their act together when it comes to sim card delivery lol

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk 

You made me look....

PXL_20221110_221557480~2.jpg

Still the same and 5 business days via Canada Post from Calgary.

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Old shipping estimate was. 

Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 12.51.48 PM.png

It's good to see that they've now removed the false infromation that SIM cards are sent by Canada Post Xpresspost.  While some orders might still be (some are sent by UPS), they haven't bee using Xpressposts exclusively (nor even most of the time) for a very long time.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Old shipping estimate was. 

Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 12.51.48 PM.png

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Delivery estimate has now changed to: 

Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 12.12.34 PM.png

And new look of cards:

Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 12.12.15 PM.png

That's the same disclaimer about that Public Mobile used when they last changed the design of the SIM cards. Any design change would essentially just contain different colors/different fonts/different pictures. 

As for the delviery estimate, I don't see anything as being changed other than the estimate that Public Mobile provides. I haven't heard of any change is the shippng process or of the shipping methods.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The SIM card packaging has changed color schemes over the years.  

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

I got same message when I ordered the phone. I received the order in one week.

Need Help? Let's chat.