cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Join Public Points

xtrawest
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What if I join Public Points, will I loose my rewards that I accumulated in last few years?

13 REPLIES 13

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@xtrawest 

considering opting outta Rewards in favour of Points eh ?

I have some BRIC shares I could let you have for cheap too.

DON"T Opt out of Rewards...ever !

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@xtrawest  If your rewards have been added to Available Funds in your account, those should remain. Points would replace your future rewards, if you opt to change. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@xtrawest 

I avoid that area like the plague.

xtrawest

If you go into your rewards section, there's an option to switch to public points from rewards (for exisitng customers)

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Every new customer is on Points rewards.

How are you to join again PM??? Are you current customer but need another line?

@darlicious 

Do you not also lose on the $2 off for autopay?

@xtrawest 

What if I join Public Points, will I loose my rewards that I accumulated in last few years?

D O N ' T is the general consensus. 

PM Points.png

And for bill credits you have to "self manage to cash in", in multiples of $15 if you are looking at a self paying account. There are some good deals, though, for a few of the add-ons. 

PM Catalog Offers-1.jpg

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@xtrawest 

Thankfully you asked questions first......the biggest loss is in your loyalty reward. Instead of a maximum of $5/30 days or $60/year anniversary points are 10pts/year=$10. That's it. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@xtrawest   the Community agrees on one thing: DO NOT convert to Public Points

You will earn a lot MORE for staying on the old rewards instead of the new.

They might have given you some one time goodies to ask you to migrate, but turth is, you are much much better off to stay

Here is a comparison for you to understand and decide:

1.  $2 Autopay is no longer there and replaced with 5% ,  you get less UNLESS you have the $40 plan or above
    (but you get 5% for your other Add-on purchases as well)
  2. No more loyalty rewards, meaning the loyalty discount of $1/cycle up to $5/cycle will disappear. Instead, they will only give $10 each year on the anniversary.

For someone with PM between 1st to 12th month
                  The old reward system will give $0 that year, versus $10 at the end of the 12th month with thew new system
    For someone with PM between the 13th and 24th month:
                    The old reward program will give $12 that year ($1/cycle), versus $10 at the end of the 24th month with the new system
    For someone with PM between months 25th and 36th:
                   the old reward program will give $24 that year ($2/cycle), versus $10 at the end of the 36th month with the new system
    for someone with PM between months 61 and 72 (and every year after that after that point)
                  the old reward program will give $60/year ($5/cycle) versus $10/year under the new system 

3. You can no longer apply $1 or $2 you got to the bill right away, you have to collect enough to 15 points to cash out $15 in one shot
    Also, you have to remember to convert your points to dollars once it reaches 15 points.  PM no longer automatic apply the reward discount.

On the other hand, the goodies for new system,

- 5% Points back for add-on purchases as well

- add-ons are around 33% cheaper when you redeem with Public Points
- you can use 1 point for lucky draw, so, technically you bet $1 and can win an iPhone 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@xtrawest 

Your rewards will be converted to points but the old Rewards system is better because you will get $2 off/month plus you will get the month $ credit. 

The Points system you will need to collect 15 points to redeem $15 credit from 5% of your monthly bill. 

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @xtrawest 

if you join rewards points you will not losing old rewards but is going to be have points for it and is it not redeem it from your bill when is coming,.,. you have to earn 15 points for your rewards to exchange to $15 to lower your bill.

for  Joining Public Points (publicmobile.ca)

be careful if you join the new rewards points you can't go back to old rewards..

xtrawest

Ah okay, I'll then rather stay with keeping rewards

connersdad16
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes you will

Deann

Yes, you will lose your rewards and you won’t be able to change back to rewards.

Need Help? Let's chat.