cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with "Future Dating" your rate plan?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

If you're experiencing any issues with "Future dating" your rate plan, please reply to this topic and share your experience with us.

In doing so, are awesome Community and moderators will be able to assist you 🙂

Note: Please do not share any personal account information in your reply

Thanks,

Jeremy

407 REPLIES 407

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
No problem, if it doesn't change it'll be an easy fix for a mod.

sitaifun
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I future date my plan as well, but its after the 20th.

just wondering what you guys see as the future date plan? I see it "90-day pass ( $120 )"

how would I know its the right plan and what happens if it didnt switch to right fall promo plan after 20th? will they still honor it?

thanks.

Rockdaddy22
I personally recommend that not public mobile, I'm just a customer like you

fch
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My plan did not got renewed to $120 fall promo either. If there is a bug in the system for over a year, they should have just requested people to change over a day before the renewal date rather than Future dating the plan.

ie_FL
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hello, my plan also did not switch to the $120/12gb 3month on renewal. Still waiting to have it resolved.

Rockdaddy22
If service isn't interrupted, just send a message to a mod and hold tight. http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

caedelius

Hi Community, on October 25 I changed my old plan ($120 for 6GB) to the new promo one that is 12GB instead of 6GB. My plan was set to be automatically renewed on November 3 so I changed my plan online and it said the new plan would was scheduled to be effective for my next payment round. However I just noticed today to check and I am still on the old 6GB plan. Thank you!

Unolord

You're lucky. Sent 4 PM's since Tuesday now. Hopefully gets resolved soon.

Robbo

I posted earlier (a day or two ago) as i had this problem.  I PM'd the people indicated in this thread and my account now reflects the promo.  So they fixed it fairly quickly for me

Dumbelldoor
Same issue. Set up new plan(fall 2016promo) to switch over on Nov 7. On Nov 7 my account was deactivated and I was charged 90% of the plan rate and the landing page said I owed $15. I paid the $15, my account was reactivated and on my old plan. The change never occurred. I had to reselect my plan and pay again. So now I have a service ticket to get my money overcharged back but the 48 hours has already expired.

jenf

I updated my plan to future date on my next renewal.

I chose the new promotional plan with 12GB of data over 90 days however the plan did not switch!

Can I get some help?

Thanks

Rockdaddy22
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

Unfortunately it's a known bug, it's been going on for over a year.

mwicks

I'm also having issues where I set my plan to change to the Fall 2016 promo and the change did not occur.

Rockdaddy22
You guys are so funny lol This has been going on FOREVER :(, but normally it takes the mods a minute to fix, when it's not a crazy promo time. It only happens when a plan changes, so it's obviously happening to everyone switching to the new promo plan.

i think they should really debug/fixed their system from now on.  because i have the same problem last time when they introduced the new $120 6gb, 90 days plan.  when my old plan expired and future dated the 6gb plan, i got renewed the old plan and have no service.  so i have PM the mods to got it fixed.  no service for 2days.  this incident happened 90days ago.  then, this time, they introduced a better plan for 12gb, so everyone jumped to this new plan including me.  and then i future dated it again and gone through the same hassles.  not renewed with the new plan and have to PM the mods, took few days to got it solved.  

looks like public mobile has never learn their lesson from last issue, and the issue is still exist.  and problem exists more than 90days!  (at least for my account).  Not acceptable for my opinion.

finally got fixed yesterday.  it took me 4 days and 2 messages to mods to got it fixed.

mounagaon

I'm experiencing a similar issue.

Last month, I had scheduled to switch from the full-priced 90-day $186 plan (unlimited provincial calling, international text, 12GB data) to the $120 Fall promo version of the same plan for today. 

I had autopay setup, and I can see my credit card has already been charged, and my existing balance went up to $120. However, the plan change did not occur, my current plan is expired, my account has been suspended, and I have no phone, text, or data service. I have also received texts from Public Mobile itself saying I didn't have enough balance to renew my plan.

I've tried to manually reactivate my account by trying to start the $120 promo plan from today on the self-serve website, but I keep getting a message saying the request could not be processed and to try again later. I've tried a few times after with no luck.

I've already sent out a PM with my details to all the community moderators earlier today. I am still waiting for a reply.

Mcat

I changed my plan to the Fall 2016 promo and it said it would switch over from the $21 per 10 Days plan on November 5, 2016. But now I'm still on the $21 per 10 Days plan. It automatically debited from the payment I made specifically for the Fall 2016 promo. 

Thank you in advance.

leishanlin
I have the same issue, today is the renewal day , shows still in the old plan, already message Mary and waiting for fixing

tiktok0915
I have same problem. I added additional fund but still old plan. I am waiting for Mary_M to fix it.

Unolord

I'm in the same boat.

Had the 1GB plan and set it to switch to the new 4GB Promo on Monday but I'm still on the old plan.

Kashwary
I guess they are busy fixing the problem, mine just got fixed by @Mary_M, thanks!
Please allow few days and they will fix your plan.

thymaster

Not excusable. This problem have been reported over 2 weeks ago and they still have not fix it to date. They let it go on and every customer suffers. This is pathetic service and I feel ashame of even recommending a horrific service provider to my friends and family. I'm pissed off and will make plans on moving to other service provider in the future. 

ellisd

Same issue here, but since I'm coming from a more expensive plan I'm sitting here with no service at all.

I know the girls are swamped so I'm not stressing too much, I have my work computer for the internet

Messaged you both @Mary_M and @Shazia_K

CHeers

Robbo

Mary I sent you a PM with the phone number.  Thanks

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Robbo

If you future dated your plan but it did not activate, please send one of the mods a private message including your phone number.

Thanks!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Robbo

I am having the same issue.  I future dated my renewal to the Nov 4GB plan and when i login it still shows the 6GB plan.  However, luckily i still ahve service, at least for now.   What should i do?  It sounds like the PMs are not getting read.  Probably because they are overwhelmed...

Azngamer69

Has anyone had their issue resolved or had their private messages to the mods answered?

I've sent one to @Saray_O (yesterday) and @Shazia_K (today) and still both messages are "Not Yet Read".

Personally, I'm feeling a bit embarrassed myself since I just finished my first 90 day plan and have not a single negative experience during that time. When I saw the fall promo I was hoping to save a few bucks and the "Future dating" seemed like a great idea. Which it clearly was not.

I've proudly recommended to many of my friends to sign up for the Fall promotion since it was a great deal with a great telecom but after waking up to a suspend account and lack of response from support and the mods, my views have changed a bit. I just hope this doesn't happen to the people I have referred.

Honestly, I would be happy with the private message being read. At least this way, I know that someone was looking in to it.

thymaster

LOL. I genuinely feel sorry for you because I'm in the same boat and know how it feels. This is the first time I've been service interrupted over a plan change. I've always paid my bills on time and have never ever been interrrupted with cell services in my entire life. Now I get punished by PM over a plan change. This is pathetic and I could never recommend anyone to PM ever again.

Need Help? Let's chat.