Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**Information required before sending a message

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello Community,

Due to a high volume of messages being received, we are experiencing some delays in getting back to you. In order for us to be more efficient, we would like to call out a few things that can help us, help you.

1) If you recently ported your phone number and you are experiencing mixed services/porting issues – send us a private message and please include your Public Mobile phone # (if applicable), the number you wish to port, as well as the account number associated to your old service provider

2) If you have a failed activation, but you have been charged, please include when private messaging us - your SIM card number, name and email address used when activating.

During your activation, if you have not been charged, please clear your cookies/cache and try again, or use a new browser. Should you require further assistance, please send a private message to one of the moderators.

3) If your plan change has failed, or you are experiencing difficulty changing your plan, please send a private message including your Public Mobile phone number, account number and desired plan

4) If you are missing referral rewards, please send a private message including your phone number as well as the numbers you referred.

We are working hard to assist you and others, and we want to make certain in doing so that we`re offering you an enjoyable experience with Public Mobile.

Regards,

Your Mod team 🙂

Here is how to send a moderator a private message. 

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **
56 REPLIES 56

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
This is a public forum, I would erase any private information

Rockdaddy22
Sure is 🙂

Matx
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Great post Mary_M

Rockdaddy22
You could've changed your 10 day plan manually anytime you wanted. It's hard to believe you've been seeking hel from the 4th I haven't seen anybody wait that long.

Just make sure you send a private message to a mod. Did a mod put you on a 10 day plan to test service?

denzel

since november 4, i try to contact someone for help . i send like 10 messages everywhere but no one came to fix my issue. today it s november 28 . that mean i wait like 24 DAYs . at the  begin i try to put new credit card , it s not easy BUT at the end the credit card was ok and you charge that , so that mean it s ok .

NOW i used to have 90 day unlimited talk , text . plus 12 gb

at november 4 , i try to get 30 day unlimited talk provincial ; unlimited text ; 1gb . if you see i ve already put money for that . 

BUT you charge me 2 time for 10 days 15 $ and it just talk , So that mean Since november 4 , i Can t send text and recive also !!! and i don t have data 

but the funny part , it s you keep to charge me for plan i do NOT ask. 

christian mbanga  

Rockdaddy22
@drnzel what exactly is your problem?

Once you get past any issues with activation, porting or plan changes, the service is great. I didn't have any issues (thankfully) and so far I'm happy with my service. I enjoy the community too, however, lately it's all about fixing my issues, where previously there was more discussion.

dvice19
This is awful. PM kind of sucks... But it is cheap.

denzel
I don t think so . I try to find help over 20 day and No one try to help me . And i send private message to . It was november 4 and now we are november 26. I don t think .i m very Happy .

jobella

Thanks a million!

One last question for you 🙂

Quebec RAMQ asked me for my phone bills to show whether my calls were made from Quebec (I needed to prove that I in the Province for at least 181 days). As I've kept my Toronto number while living in Montreal (for practicality and business reasons) I was wondering if there was a way of showing that my calls were made from here?!?

Thanks

Joanna

@dvice19 Easiest way to find out which moderators are on is to go to the Users Online page and find someone with a MODtag beside their name. To send a private message, hover your mouse over the name and you'll see a pop-up with an orange Send Message. Send a message to ONLY one, because your message goes into a pool that all moderators can read.

@jobella on the main Community page, if you scroll down to bottom you'll see My Subscriptions. Click on the topic you're getting flooded from, and then you'll click on the Topic Options pull-down and click Unsubscribe.

Screen Shot 2016-11-25 at 10.40.03 AM.png

@adams21 did you end up getting your SIM cards? PM will honour the promo plan once you activate your plan(s). Go with the 90 day, province-wide call, global text, 6GB data for $120 and then after messaging a moderator, they'll give you the extra 6GB.

To anyone else in that situation, hopefully this helps all of you!  Looking forward to welcoming you to Public Mobile! Robot Happy

jobella

Thanks for the instructions 🙂

Already got great feedback!

Any idea how I can remove myself from the other post... I am getting swamped with emails that don't concern my question 😞

Best

Jobella

dvice19
How do you find out who are the moderators and can I send all of them a message at once?

James3210
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good to know !! thank you 🙂 

borvanov

I have sent a private message 2 days ago with required information to Saray_O and didn't get reply so far. Today I could start calling from the phone with public mobile SIM card but I still receive calls on my old Rogers SIM card. Cat Happy

Dee
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

I tried switching plans to the new Fall Promo.  It took the money from my account and my community award then said I did not have a sufficient balance to renew. (I think it must have tried to put me back on my 90 day/6 gig plan again) So someone in the community suggested I try again (so I could at least have service). So I did.  I selected the promo plan and paid again.  It took the money and tried to add me back onto my old plan. However, at this point I noticed that my phone number Is No Longer the same.  I even tried to call this phantom number from my home phone and it is not in service.  So I have 106 dollar balance at this point and still no service.  I know this must be a nightmare for Public Mobile.  This promotion is great but I think way too many people switching are overloading the current system. (I know 'Captain Obvious' here!)  Help Please?

Thanks PM (You are still the Greatest!)

brutus99
I sent a private message to a Mod on the 16th but haven't heard back from anyone yet. I understand might take extra time to get a reply back with people having porting issues etc. Just patiently waiting for some help 🙂 TIA!

adams21

@daredogg all my address info was correct, just double checked. Still nothing here on my end.

Hoping it arrives today or I just threw some money out on SIM cards.

adams21
@jobella sorry

adams21

@jobella yeah my address info was all correct. I told my aunt who lives down the street about the promotion and she has got her SIM cards. She ordered on Monday and I ordered last Thursday.
Now I am worried there's a shipment issue and I cannot get in touch with any mods.

For sure @jobella, here's how to create a new thread...

Since your question is about phones, you want to go to the Phones & Hardware category. Once there, you'll see a button at the top left that says Screen Shot 2016-11-06 at 10.42.36 AM.png Click that button and you'll get a page like this... 

Screen Shot 2016-11-17 at 2.09.56 PM.png

Put a subject, add some text, and click Post

I'm sure a lot of people here would love to give some feedback. Just make sure to specify you're wondering about compatibility with PM.

jobella

Thanks Daredogg!

The reason it is buried in there is that I couldn't find how to create a new thread 🙂

Can you please tell me howto do that?

I was thinking of getting a "One Plus 3", "ZTE Axon 7" or a "Huawei Honor 8".

Have a great day!

Joanna

klytrinh

Hi @Saray_O and @Mary_M

Congrats on how successful the promotion is going! I recognize how crazy things might be so am hoping I can get a couple of your minutes to my account and my sister's, @crudemood. My friend @KL. We'll provide any information you need, just let us know!

We ported Sunday evening and have no service and have not heard back. I also ported over my dad and his started working Tuesday. Don't know what we're doing wrong. 

SOS

@jobella you are correct that you'll probably need a new SIM card because most new phones use the nano size. New phones will work with PM just fine, provided they have LTE capability. If you're not sure, let the community know which phone you're thinking of buying, and we can advise. Can I suggest, however, that you ask your question in a new post (your message is buried in this old thread).

@adams21 hopefully your complete address was included. Some people in apartments and condos didn't include their unit numbers, so unless the post person knows you, your order will be returned.

November 11th was a holiday, so the mail didn't move. There's a chance your order didn't get processed until Monday, and shipped Tuesday. That being said, you should have it today.

ehsan

I think it is better to ask help first from others in the community. Especially this week that MD are super busy with this promotion.

ehsan

Guys,

Be aware of the issue I ran into,

my last name is 28 character and I was not able to activate my sim card, so if you enter a shorter family name, you should be good and beable to activate your sim card

Need Help? Let's chat.