cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with transferring a mobile number from Bell to Public

Ashlin2003
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I transferred my number from Bell to Public Mobile 4 months ago. Since then, I have been using that number with Public Mobile. Very recently, Bell sent me a bill for the last 4 months' subscription charges. When I contacted Bell, they said my number is still with them. However, I am currently using Public Mobile with the same number. I requested to cancel the subscription with Bell, but they said my number will be unusable.

Could you please help me out with this?

Thanks,

Ashlin

4 REPLIES 4

Ashlin2003
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Bravo,

I contacted Bell, then they said to contact Public mobile to initiate a porting request again.  From your reply, I need to contact Telus porting department. Could you please provide me the Telus porting department contact number?  Thanks

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Ashlin2003 

Are you able to receive phone calls or texts with your Public mobile SIM card at your old number?  

If you are able to receive phone call and texts, that means your port was completed properly.

If you are not able to receive phone calls or texts, then your port was incomplete.  You can contact the Telus porting team as posted earlier. 

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Ashlin2003 - Try your Bell SIM card, if it works click here for the porting number: Messages

If you don't have your Bell SIM card anymore, you will need to call a bell agent for verbal approval after calling the TELUS porting department.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ashlin2003  Seems as thou the porting didn’t complete fully . Will send you the porting team number private message and they can re trigger the port request for you . If you don’t still have the bell SIM card to reply YES to the confirmation text to port . You will have to first call bell and see if they will verbally approve the port request 

Need Help? Let's chat.