cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way I could get a SIM Card for absolutely free and by that I mean CAD $0

unidentifiedjoe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to know if I could get a Canadian sim card for absolutely free. And by that I mean CAD $0.
Would it be possible to waive off the CAD $5.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks Guys

8 REPLIES 8

@softech wrote:
actually if you are activating, get a friend referral code to save $10, with the sim card cost of $5, you still save $5

The downside on this is that bonuses and credits are applied after activation, indeed a day or three afterwards, maybe longer, but not instantly. They'll be useful discounts on your next billing cycle, why not save ten bucks, right? But they wont be useful for signing you up right now without payment. I'm guessing the OP has some cash or a payment voucher but has no way to pay online for a SIM card.

@unidentifiedjoe   actually if you are activating, get a friend referral code to save $10, with the sim card cost of $5, you still save $5

Disclaimer: I have no intention of offering my friend code for personal gain (just in case someone who has been following my posts too closely and thinks too much)

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@unidentifiedjoe 

it's five bucks !! Pop bottles can fetch .25 each so collect 20 pop bottles, take 'em to recycle place and you got your $5.  Next problem is how to come up with $15 every 30 days for your new PM plan, right ?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@unidentifiedjoe 

Private Message me with your city/ town. ( if comfortable enough to do so ... if not,  i get it )

I'll let you know by return Private Message if i may be able to help. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@unidentifiedjoe 

Unfortunately you missed the boat last month. PM was offering a FREE SIM for just one day.

I got free SIMs in the mail from Shaw and Telus but plans are not as low as PM.

You can keep your eyes on the Announcement section for any promos but I doubt it. Canadian Cell Supplies offer a PM SIM for $5.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @unidentifiedjoe if it is not for new activation, if you are an existing customer and have trouble connecting, then submit a trouble ticket with PM agent, they will check and see if it is due to a defective sim card and they might be willing to reimburse you the cost of a replacement sim open the ticket at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@unidentifiedjoe wrote:

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to know if I could get a Canadian sim card for absolutely free. And by that I mean CAD $0.
Would it be possible to waive off the CAD $5.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks Guys

@unidentifiedjoe , not that I am aware of! Unless you know someone that’s a Customer with Public Mobile that has an extra SIM card they will give you for free! The regular price of a SIM card on here is $10 but now on for $5 which is a deal.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@unidentifiedjoe any Canadian sim card or a PM's one?  

of course you will need a PM sim card to use on PM network, but you said "Canadian sim card" on your original post 

Sorry, not for PM.  But PM is now selling for $5

(actually, they had $0 sim around a month ago for 2 days. But I don't see that coming back as it is not a regular promotion)

Need Help? Let's chat.