cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the credit in the account transferable?

mclyin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I have 2 lines with public. I am thinking of port  line 1 out but have $6 credit available, is it possible to have the credit transfer to Line 2?

Thanks

18 REPLIES 18

@WearySky I have yet to see a report of anyone losing it

On the other board I see lots of people making brand new accounts posting they lost it

But not one long time poster has ever said they lost it. You do realize that to change the plan Koodo needs to notify you in writing and give you 30 days notice, otherwise they can NOT change the plan at all. I have a strong suspicion some of the less tech savy clients get scared into voluntarily giving up the plan (that is only way the change could be instant)

As I said Fido50 is not in-market as OP who we are discussing in this thread is a current Public client who is (hoping) he can port back to get it

The Fido email in question even goes so far as to say it is only valid for ______ (listing name & cell # of the current client)

Plus as I said above, it REQUIRES a contract

Koodo or Public have no such problem

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kav2001c it's in-market for people that are already existing Fido customers that qualify for it.  Which is why I said it's the best plan available for those that qualify for it - no hoops to jump through, etc.  Obviously, if you don't qualify for the Fido plan (which I would say is the case for anybody who isn't a Fido subscriber), there's obviously better plans available.

And there have been MULTIPLE reports of people losing their loophole plans when calling in for support (usually when calling about billing issues, from the reports I've seen)... Even if you didn't acquire the plan through fraud (which you don't have to do, using the loophole), the overwhelming consensus seems to be if they see that you have a QC/MB/SK plan with an ON billing address/phone number, you're going to lose that plan sooner rather than later.  Which is silly, since you can just loophole it back in (even if that's kind of a pain in the ass)

mclyin

@kav2001c Ok, I see what you are saying now. 

mclyin

@kav2001c I am not aware of any Koodo plan that is offering a more competitive plan than Fido. I know MB/QC province plan but I am in BC. 

@WearySky but the $50 Fido plan is NOT inmarket

These guys are calling begging to try and get it

Most of them unsuccessfully so far

We all know what the Koodo loophole is and although I will not promote it here it is far easier and more effective if OP wants to get a special plan

Since the Fido plan was directly marketed to a group of clients with unknown requirements (to us) calling in and trying for it is alot of effort which is unlikely to pay off (the Fido plan also REQUIRES a contract; you can't get it on 30 day terms)

Calling in does not kill the plan (I've done it for multiple accounts over the years) so long as there was no fraud in getting the plan in the first place.

WearySky

@kav2001c I don't see that one in Ontario.  Cheapest comparable plan to the Fido 5GB plan is $75 for 3gb + 2gb bonus on Ontario.

For in-market plans (at least in Ontario), the Fido plan is about the best currently available (IF you qualify for it, which is a big if).  Yes, you can get more data for a bit more money in Ontario if you're willing to jump through the hoops to work the QC loophole (the only one still up and running, as far as I know), but that comes with the negatives that 1 - you have to jump through all the hoops, which isn't a significant amount of effort but is a non-zero amount for those who could otherwise just sign up with zero effort for the Fido plan (since it's a retention plan); and 2 - if you ever need support for anything and call in, there's a very good chance that you lose your plan and then have to jump through all the hoops again, at the very least.

@WearySky $51 for 6GB is better

WearySky

@mclyin what plan does Koodo have right now that's better than $50/5GB?  I'm not aware of any at the moment that are comparable.

@mclyin $50 for 5GB is not as good even as good as what Koodo has

Why waste all that effort when you can stay on Telus network (better than Rogers) and get better plan?

mclyin

I have a tablet plan with Fido. 

But some post on RFD did get this deal so I will just keep trying until I get it. 

@mclyin  I read that promo was for existing customers only are you currently a Fido User?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mclyin

I am considering move to Fido for the $50/5GB royalty plan. 

Nothing wrong with Public service, I am using more data so that additional 1Gb will come handy. 

mclyin

Thanks for all the input. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Out of curiosity, what is the reason for porting out the one line?

better offer?

poor reception?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

These kind of goodwill credits are earned on an individual account basis.  Don't even bother asking for any transfers. 

WearySky

I'm guessing that $6 credit is an autopay credit?  Yeah, those aren't transferrable.  They're specifically credits to get you signed up to autopay for your next renewal.  If you don't have a next renewal, you don't get the credit.

Moderators will not do this unless the accounts are very recent; as in days, not weeks, old.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately, there is no available option for this, unless a moderator is able to assist.

PM is a prepaid service.  Pay up front, and use it until the plan exipres, or you decide to port out a number.  Credits are designed to go towards your renewal, and are non-cashable.

Need Help? Let's chat.