cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it worth it to refer???

KingofAwsome
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’ve set up three public mobile accounts for family or friends. I don’t think it’s worth it. It was easy to set my daughters because it’s her first phone. I set up my own number and needed support and very nice that PM called me. I set up my father in-law because he’s retired on a budget but he got billed twice and it was chatroom tag with an agent for 6 hours to fix the activation error. I typed up my refer code but it didn’t go through. 

What is your experience does activations get messed up too frequently to help others switch. 

Love to hear your experiences. 

Kingofawesome. 

6 REPLIES 6

Lonetreejim
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If a friend or family member approached me I would help them switch over to Public Mobile.  However, I would never try to convince someone to make the switch.

Public Mobile can require a great deal of patience (and common sense).  Seemingly, lots of people don’t have either.

I don’t want to do tech support for any more people than I am already.

@KingofAwsome wrote:

I’ve set up three public mobile accounts for family or friends. I don’t think it’s worth it. It was easy to set my daughters because it’s her first phone. I set up my own number and needed support and very nice that PM called me. I set up my father in-law because he’s retired on a budget but he got billed twice and it was chatroom tag with an agent for 6 hours to fix the activation error. I typed up my refer code but it didn’t go through. 

The referral process isn't related to setting up the accounts for your friends and family members.  It's a simple one and done process of providing your code. I think that the reason you're not sure if it's worth it to refer customers is because you appear to be managing the accounts for others. Please correct me if I'm mistaken about that.  Public Mobile is set up a a Self Serve carrier and it's important that all customers are comfortable with being able to manage the accounts themselves. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@KingofAwsome 

It is always worth it to save a few pennies (nickels) on your phone bill. Canada have one highest cellular fees in the world.

Just my 2 cents.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Each individual have to decide for themselves what they will and will not tolerate. Weigh the pros and cons.  You get 1 point for every friend for each month they stay. Each get a one time credit of $10. Plus 5% back. The plans and prices are inline with the market. I would say it's worth it. 

I personally so far (knock on 🪵) have not had any issues in the years I have been here. Never had to change anything, message anyone about my account, never had any interruption of services. 

I am quite shocked and amazed lately however with the issues and complaints that I have read. Too many, too often. 

But overall,  I think you will be fine.  Go ahead and refer and push and champion for more people to switch.

Best of luck✌️.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@KingofAwsome yes PM is not perfect, especially with customer support.  But it certainly has the best rewards and referral program on the market.  

Understand you might have issue with the referral code you tried to apply, did you try to put at Step 4 of 6 of the Subscription step (the payment screen)?

if you missed it or encountered issue, please engage support by direct message here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

With the one time $10 credit on the new account and the 1 Public Points per month for the referee, it certainly worth the effort to get it sorted out

Let us know how it turns out

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@KingofAwsome yes it worth it , and No I’ve not had any issues with referral code it good to make sure you don’t mess up ohs and zeros . And be sure where to entered it right before payment step 5 of 6 in the activation process 

Handy1_0-1704945888568.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.