Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it time yet for a 2GB plan for $25?

IWorkForRogers
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

13 REPLIES 13

But why would PM offer this plan?

They're unmotivated to introduce it (at this time) to follow competitors.

They're unmotivated to introduce it (like old times) to lead markets.

Customers always want more data. And customers can always buy more data. Why would providers want to rock the boat and force themselves to meet escalating expectations?

"Because customers want more" is a valid reason for customers but it's not a compelling reason for providers.

@helenhelen wrote:

Yes, I only need 2GB myself. The current plan I have is 4.5GB and the one below that is only 1GB which is not enough. Wish there was a middle option?!!

At one point, Public Mobile offered 2GB in combination with calls and texts to new customers for $30. Unfortunately, that has not been offered again since July 2019.

helenhelen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes, I only need 2GB myself. The current plan I have is 4.5GB and the one below that is only 1GB which is not enough. Wish there was a middle option?!!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Yes @IWorkForRogers , would love to get it for that price. Jow3ver, I think that it would be with Koodo on a termed plan.

I understand that the prepaid option plans probably would not temporarily offer uncapped data. 

BUT

Would this not be a good time to add some much lower priced “PROMO DATA ADD-ONS” that don’t expire until all used?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@IWorkForRogers , great question.  Why stop at $25/2GB?  Let's get greedy and go for $25/3GB.  The best way to make this come true is to ask your employer to offer the deal.  I am sure Telus will come up with a competitive response.  In the meantime, I won't hold my breath on this one.  

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@IWorkForRogers 

I'd jump on that offer in a heartbeat! LOL!

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@IWorkForRogers  Haha, sure, why not! :cathappy:

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

It could be just a matter of time we may get more for less:

Liberals give big 3 wireless providers two years to cut prices by 25 per cent

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/wireless-cellphone-fees-1.5484080

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@IWorkForRogers wrote:

@IWorkForRogers  Sure, sign me up. :smileyhappy:

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Great idea:) @IWorkForRogers 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It would be great if PM would offer more data at lower prices.  We would need to wait and see if they will make them available,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@IWorkForRogers 

If you work for Rogers then what are you doing here? Wouldn't it be employee-prudent to keep your money with your employer?

Or are you just stirring things up with the lesser competition?

Need Help? Let's chat.