cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it impossible to close one's PM account?

El_Gato
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I personally am completely dissatisfied with PM - have contacted CS to actually close my account but was told that that's impossible ----- I say they make it impossible to close one's account -- never heard of this before --- Tried to remove my Credit card but that also proved impossible - Tried to alter a number of my CC but the program picks that up also -- now I feel I'm held hostage by PM.

4 REPLIES 4

maurelle
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@LitlLdy wrote:

@El_Gato wrote:

I personally am completely dissatisfied with PM - have contacted CS to actually close my account but was told that that's impossible ----- I say they make it impossible to close one's account -- never heard of this before --- Tried to remove my Credit card but that also proved impossible - Tried to alter a number of my CC but the program picks that up also -- now I feel I'm held hostage by PM.

@El_Gato , I know it is frustrating! The only way to immediately close your account is to port your phone number out to another server provider!

We used to be able to delete our payment cards from our accounts ourselves but they removed that option which makes no sense whatsoever due to it is our payment cards not theirs! I had to ask them to remove mine from my account. I have been paying using vouchers since. I didn’t want any authorization charges like some other customers have gotten! So, I suggest to message them back & ask them to remove your payment card that they have on file plus disable your autopay subscription.

Edit: This is just my personal opinions.

Absolutely agree that we should continue to be able to delete our card info ourselves in self-serve. Too many reports and a personal experience in the early days of EverSafe of the card being charged despite the subscription toggle being off. And, in our case, CSA outright refused to refund the funds, I should have known to take a screen shot...

Another option is to replace the "real" credit card with a zero balance prepaid credit card. As long as having a card on file for autopay was worth $2 that was the way to get the reward while paying with vouchers. Soon that is not relevant anymore (for the few accounts that I help manage that are staying here for the foreseeable future...)

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@El_Gato wrote:

@El_Gato , I know it is frustrating! The only way to immediately close your account is to port your phone number out to another server provider!

We used to be able to delete our payment cards from our accounts ourselves but they removed that option which makes no sense whatsoever due to it is our payment cards not theirs! I had to ask them to remove mine from my account. I have been paying using vouchers since. I didn’t want any authorization charges like some other customers have gotten! So, I suggest to message them back & ask them to remove your payment card that they have on file plus disable your autopay subscription.

Edit: This is just my personal opinions.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @El_Gato 

just disabled Autopay and PM won't charge again.  90 more days , account will be closed

or ask them to remove credit card

Need Help? Let's chat.