cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Public Mobile based in Vancouver BC ?

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Is Public Mobile based in Vancouver BC ? I ask because my card statement shows payments to  PM-Vancouver.

10 REPLIES 10

I don't know any of the histories, but I'm in Ontario, and the billing centre is list as BC on my transaction history also.  It may just be where the web services are hosted, and that's where the bank hookup is.

As long as I'm charged correctly, and my service continues to work, I have no issue with how it's labelled.

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@BEER wrote:

Is Public Mobile based in Vancouver BC ? I ask because my card statement shows payments to  PM-Vancouver.

Doesn't really mean anything, as it really depends on whom does their credit card processing for them and the contract they have in place with them on what it will say on your credit card statement.

Telus' head office is in Vancouver, so it wouldn't surprise if there are divisions of PM based in Vancouver.

@srlawren wrote:

@dabr wrote:

I always thought Telus (originally called BC Tel, if I remember correctly) was BC based.

@dabr Telus was born out of a merger of BC Tel and I think they were called ABTel?  The Alberta regional telephone company anyway, whatever they were called!  

I'd forgotten most of the details, just that it went from BC Tel to Telus in the late nineties (I do remember there was a merger at that time).  You're right BC Tel merged with an Alberta company called Telus, after merger it was called BC Telus, before the BC part got dropped it became Telus again, but the headquarters remained in BC after the initial merger.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dabr wrote:

I always thought Telus (originally called BC Tel, if I remember correctly) was BC based.

@dabr Telus was born out of a merger of BC Tel and I think they were called ABTel?  The Alberta regional telephone company anyway, whatever they were called!  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Triguy wrote:

PM has their office in Toronto but their parent company Telus is headquartered in Vancouver.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM has their office in Toronto but their parent company Telus is headquartered in Vancouver.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

According to wiki, Public Mobile HQ is in the center of the Canadian universe.  @srlawren , I have my Teflon suit on, ready for the barrage.   Smiley Tongue

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Mobile

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

PM is just Telus.  I believe the decision makers for the brand are in the Toronto office but could be wrong.  Telus definitely has presence in multiple metropolis areas (for sure: Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montreal, but possibly others)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Mine shows PM 1855xxxxxxx-BC. I guess its legal address is there in BC.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@BEER wrote:

My understanding is that they have offices in Vancouver and Montreal. but I coud be wrong. Smiley Happy 

Need Help? Let's chat.