cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone XS ported from Rogers- New User

coelhov
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Glad to be part of PM. No issues porting phone and my old number. Couple of issues that I need help with. I have already reviewd all the posts on the community board.

1) When a voice mail is left for me I do not recive any notification.

2) Trying to send Images via a text. Fails.

appreciate any help

Thanks

Vikram

18 REPLIES 18

@Davidclatney wrote:

i tried using my cell phone that is working. but the recording says, when i try to make a call, that my account doesn't have enough balance, and i need to pay the balance to activate my account so i can use my working cell phone.

when i go to the Public Moble web site and try to use my Debit card the messege says "Your account has already enough balance." but i don't have enough money in my account. that's why i am trying to pay to reactivate the account so i can use my working cell phone.

all i want to do is pay my amount due so i can reactivate the phone.

it's not broken.

@Davidclatney Sounds like PM is currently processing your plan renewal. My advice is stay away and let the renewal process complete. Tomorrow everything should be Beach to normal.

Davidclatney
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

the amount due worked after 30 tries finally. strange.

thanks for your time.

take care

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Davidclatney wrote:

using a debit card and trying to uplaod founds on the web site. it won't let me. i have the money in the bank and the card is working fine. it's saying i already have the funds in the account to pay for the amount due, so it won't allow me to pay using the amount due nor the selct amount.

thanks

There should be an option to pay an amount of your choice, not the Amount Due specifically. Just a manual payment of whatever you like.

Can you post a screen snip of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

Davidclatney

using a debit card and trying to uplaod founds on the web site. it won't let me. i have the money in the bank and the card is working fine. it's saying i already have the funds in the account to pay for the amount due, so it won't allow me to pay using the amount due nor the selct amount.

thanks

Davidclatney

i tried using my cell phone that is working. but the recording says, when i try to make a call, that my account doesn't have enough balance, and i need to pay the balance to activate my account so i can use my working cell phone.

when i go to the Public Moble web site and try to use my Debit card the messege says "Your account has already enough balance." but i don't have enough money in my account. that's why i am trying to pay to reactivate the account so i can use my working cell phone.

all i want to do is pay my amount due so i can reactivate the phone.

it's not broken.

@Davidclatney 

Can you manually load the amount that is necessary?  

Are you on autopay?  When is your due date?  The debit card is VISA debit, right?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Davidclatney wrote:

i am trying to pay the account using a DEBIT card and when i do it says the account has the funds already when it doesn't. i have $5 on the account.

so when i try to pay it says

"Your account has already enough balance."

so my cell is working but when i try to make a cal the message says " please pay account to activate your account"

something like that.

so all i want to do is pay the amount due so i can use my cell.

thanks

Hmm What works? Calls in/out? Texts in/out? Browsing internet? MMS?

Did you try those couple tricks?

Davidclatney

i am trying to pay the account using a DEBIT card and when i do it says the account has the funds already when it doesn't. i have $5 on the account.

so when i try to pay it says

"Your account has already enough balance."

so my cell is working but when i try to make a cal the message says " please pay balance to activate your account"

something like that.

so all i want to do is pay the amount due so i can use my cell.

thanks

@Davidclatney 

Is your phone working?  If working and If your due date is tonight, you will get several warnings. As long as you are on autopay or have enough funds, you should be fine and the plan will renew overnight. 

If phone is not working, try to re-activate the plan. Or you could try the lost/stolen phone trick. 

Davidclatney

hi, i am trying to pay for my for my monthly service but it says my account has enough balance. but my phone still says to pay. what should i do? the account actually says i have a $5 balance. when i try to make a callthe recording says to make a payment.

i can't.

@coelhovYou just need to enable the data, but MMS doesn't actually count towards your data allotment. It wil show up in your "My Usage" log as $0.

@dickwongThere is no APN to be set on iPhone XS.

@coelhov yea it just needs to be on it wont use your 250mb but thats not to say other things may try to download for example updates etc.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@coelhov   with the 15$ plan you have data if you enabled autopay but mms messages won't use up that 250 mb. 

coelhov
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks. I have the 15$ plan. Did'nt realize you need data for the pics. Thought it was part of the international  text and picture messaging.

Thanks

dickwong
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Did you set the right APN?

GR
Mayor / Maire

@coelhov  go in your settings,  general, about  to see if there's a carrier update.  After checking that restart the phone.  Like @RossN said your data has to be on to send an mms message.  On my wife's iPhone all she sees for a voicemail is a red dot on the voicemail icon when you click on the phone icon!   Welcome to public mobile 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@coelhov hi your data must be on to send or recieve mms does the voicemail icon light up next to your missed calls? I have same phone itshows up there if not maybe something to set up in voicemail settings?

Need Help? Let's chat.