cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone I-Message & Facetime were failed when they tried to connect to ported number.

NewCus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello all,

I need some help or advise to fix the issue I had with both Apple Facetime and iMessage. After porting process was completed, Face time and IMessage don't work with my ported phone number anymore. Only email address can be used with my Facetime and iMessage. I have tried turning both of them off and on but still receive the message "iMessage Activation - An error occurred during activation. Try again." 

16 REPLIES 16

Isabelle_Kenny
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, I had encountered a similar problem but I was able to fix it. Here are the steps that you can follow to resolve the issue:

1. Go to "Preferences" and select "Facetime".

2. Make sure that Facetime is selected by checking if it is highlighted in green.

3. Below Facetime, ensure that your phone number is selected with a check in blue.

4. If the above steps are already done, then please uncheck them, exit preferences, and repeat the steps again.

5. Let me know if this solution works for you.I hope this helps you fix the issue!

IMG_1357.jpeg

IMG_1359.jpeg

NewCus

Good morning,

Thanks so much for all of your time on this. After spending almost 2 days on this, the issue is related to the latest IOS features introduced in their version IOS 17.1.2 which was identified and confirmed by Apple Support. After walking me through their work around scripted solution, the solution did not work, and they asked me to escalate to their Supervisor. Last night, I checked and my IMessage and Facetime and both of them worked with my phone number. It 's such a waste of my time, and I won't do another provider switching in the near future.   

@NewCus 

since you are receiving incoming calls, porting is completed

But there is a number to call to talk to live support and they can confirm, I will send the  number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

NewCus

Thanks for the advise. But I need to have CS_Agent confirmed the porting was completed sucessfully. 

@softech wrote:

@NewCus 

hoenst, this is more an iPhone issue, you might want to check with iPhone Community or visit an Apple store for advise

That's a great idea. The two links I provided are directly from Apple. 🙂

NewCus

hello Jedi,

based on the sign in security info, my new PM sim still does not have my ported number yet. I have to contact CS-Agent and have them looked into their porting process. But, I still be able to make and receive call trough my ported number.

Jedi1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

For what it is worth, on two of the lines I set up, I had to turn off the public mobile cellular line and then back on for the number to update (I had a temporary number prior to porting).     After that I was able to go to iMessage and turn it off and back on so the number updated there also if needed.  

@NewCus 

hoenst, this is more an iPhone issue, you might want to check with iPhone Community or visit an Apple store for advise

NewCus

No, I can turn both back on but can only use email address.

NewCus

Hi there, the old sim was canceled by Freedom Mobile and they sent me an email to confirm. I followed softtechv instructions but it does not work.

@NewCus 

If FaceTime and iMessage is grayed out then you have set Screen Time’s Content & Privacy Restrictions>Account Changes and Passcode Changes enabled.

I have set it on my iPhones so if my iPhone was stolen. The person can’t change my account to their account and have all my financial accounts on my iPhone.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@NewCus 

Put your old SIM back in your phone. If it still works then porting was incomplete. You were required to reply with YES confirming you are porting over to PM within a 90 minute window. 
If you missed this step then you need to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process.

Once porting is completed then go to your Apple ID account and see if your number and email address is registered and go to your FaceTime and iMessage setting and click on your phone number and reboot your phone.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @NewCus 

Here are some sources to help you out.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201349

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201422

Hope these help.

@NewCus 

try this

have you tried this:

1. Turn OFF both Facetime and iMessage
  2. Sign Out of your Apple ID.
  3. Turn OFF your iPhone for at least 5 minutes. 
  4. Now Turn ON your iPhone and Sign In with your Apple ID.
  5. Tap Settings > Apple ID > Name, Phone Numbers, Email > CONTACTABLE AT and confirm the correct mobile number is shown. If it's not correct, use the Edit option to "Add email or phone number".
  6. Turn ON iMessage (Settings > Messages), and turn ON FaceTime (Settings > FaceTime).
  7. Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed against “Start new conversations from:” - if not select the correct number.

NewCus

Thanks for your response to my question. Yes, I can make and receive call via my new PM sim card, but I cannot remove the phone number on IMessage. I don't know how to fix it.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@NewCus 

first, you are receiving incoming calls on your PM sim card?

And go to your Facetime/iMessage, update and remove the phone number, reboot, and then go back and add your number back. Check if it works

Need Help? Let's chat.