cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 6s not receiving calls

sschummer33
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yesterday i set up my iphone 6s and could receive calls as well as make them.

Today i realized that i wasn't receiving any now, although i can still make calls. I can't seem to find a fix for this. Everything else is working except for my MMS, i dont have an option under APN settings to fill in MMS info. Any solutions to either of these problems?

7 REPLIES 7

@sheytoon
DID I
Lol
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

@Samianauman wrote:
@sschummer33
Does your issue resolved are your able to getting calls,text and data

@Samianauman

OMG, you used punctuation!! 😛

(I'm just teasing you)

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
@sschummer33
Does your issue resolved are your able to getting calls,text and data

iPhone was all set by itself all did restore to factory and I don't even have to set mms setting as I mention on my first reply
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@sschummer33 Unless you are running an older iOS (pre 9) there is no way to manually set APN. Just go to Settings >> General >> About and see if a carrier update is available, if yes accept it then reboot your phone. That should populate APN settings correctly.

For SMS/MMS: correct setup go to Settings >> Messages >> toggle iMessage on, toggle Send as SMS on, toggle MMS Messaging on >> Send & Receive  should show a "tic mark" your Public Mobile number under "You can be reached by imessage at" and under "Start a new conversation from". Also, for MMS to function cellular data must be turned on.

For lack of incoming calls: first confirm you have not accidently activated Do Not Disturb, or blocked all calls under Phone. If that is not the issue, have you recently requested a previous number be ported to Public Mobile?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@sschummer33, the link below provide good guidance on setting up the APN fields for an iPhone. 

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/iPhone-Update-and-APN-settings/m-p/1610#...

Also you said u setup a iPhone i am assuming you are not a new user to Pm if u are an existing customer and didn't port your number then try what I suggested on my earlier post
But if you new and port your number then it's different let me know if you new customer and ported your number so I can give you different things to try

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
I change my phone to iPhone 7 two days ago as well i would say try taking your sim out turn on off then install sim back wait few seconds then restart I know there's no place to put mms setting but mine working it's own

Also try resetting network setting if they won't fix either then factory reset should fix the issue
Need Help? Let's chat.